Are you an experienced buyer? Are you looking for a new role to be on the forefront of cutting edge manufacturing? Have you wanted to take the step up to a Senior Buyer's role, where you've got a bit more responsibility for the direction of the procurement department? Then you have come to the right place.
We're working with a globally operating manufacturer in Leicestershire who are looking to bolster their purchasing department with an experienced buyer, who can work closely with the procurement manager. This is a fantastic opportunity to step up, lead from the front and have a real impact on a business.
* Placing orders with suppliers and ordering materials.
* Ensuring that materials are ordered and delivered in time to facilitate the companies programme.
* Dealing with invoice queries with the accounts department.
* Stakeholder management both internally and externally.
* Deal with and resolve invoice and documentation queries
* Working in conjunction of project teams efficiently and within budget
The ideal candidate will have:
* Experience of operational purchasing
* Good understanding of procurement/supply chain procedures
* Experience in engineering and or manufacturing
* Advanced knowledge of MS Excel
* Supplier negotiation skills
* Degree Educated
* Ideally CIPS qualified
Opportunity on offer:
This Senior Buyer role will give you the chance to make a difference and influence the purchasing strategy at the cutting edge of manufacturing.
An hourly rate of £13.00 - £15.50per hour plus holiday pay, and we are looking for a start asap.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the region's premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at http://www.macildowie.com.
Macildowie are a recruitment business working on behalf of a client to recruit this role. Your personal data may be forwarded to that client company as part of the application process. After applying for this role you'll be sent a request for your consent to hold your data on our systems. If you would like information on how we will process your data please go to our website and view our fair processing notices which are located at the bottom of the page under privacy policies. Within the fair processing notice for Candidates there is guidance on how to amend your contact preferences or exercise your rights relating to personal data. We can't provide direct links as email address and website urls within our job adverts are removed by some of the websites on which we advertise.