Macildowie is pleased to be working with a well-known employer as look to strengthen their Purchasing team with the addition of an experienced Category Buyer.
Reporting to the Purchasing Manager, to undertake a important role in Purchasing a wide variety of goods not for resale. This high profile role, will have regular contact with the Senior stakeholder's within the business.
* Utilise your technical buying experience to evaluate current suppliers and Identify potential future suppliers. Working to develop a network and ensure the best suppliers are sourced and selected. .
* Prepare assessments of current suppliers/ products/ services to evaluate performance price and outstanding issues. * Prepare tender documentation for review and utilise eSourcing and eAuction tools
* Utilise your Legal knowledge for the preparation of formal contracts, SLA's and KPI's for suppliers.
* Build on-going relationships with suppliers including conducting and managing reviews, looking at performance, service and a full value analysis.
* Regularly meet with all relevant internal and external parties to ensure a proactive approach, ensure any issues are being identified and promote new ideas and solutions.
To be considered for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following skills, attributes and qualifications:
* Ideally CIPS Qualified or working towards with significant experience in a Category Buyer role.
* Excellent communication skills with the ability to build relationships with both internal and external stakeholders and develop strategy.
* Imaginative and Creative person who is keen to put forward new ideas and innovations and follow through on these to achieve success.
* Resilient personality with a proven track record of influencing and gaining buy in across a range of levels and departments.
* Self motivated to set, and deliver on both personal and business objectives
* Eager and passionate to continue to develop Technical knowledge
* Ability to work in an extremely fast paced environment and manage multiple projects at once whilst keeping all parties informed of progress.
* Flexible with both UK and International travel to visit suppliers
For the right candidate this role will offer a salary of up to £43,000 plus a car and a host of other benefits.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the region's premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at http://www.macildowie.com.
Macildowie are a recruitment business working on behalf of a client to recruit this role. Your personal data may be forwarded to that client company as part of the application process. After applying for this role you'll be sent a request for your consent to hold your data on our systems. If you would like information on how we will process your data please go to our website and view our fair processing notices which are located at the bottom of the page under privacy policies. Within the fair processing notice for Candidates there is guidance on how to amend your contact preferences or exercise your rights relating to personal data. We can't provide direct links as email address and website urls within our job adverts are removed by some of the websites on which we advertise.