Macildowie are pleased to be recruiting a Senior Category Manager for a large organisation based in Northamptonshire, as they look to add an additional head into their busy team.
You will be responsible for:
* Development of the commercial model to drive growth in savings
* Formulation and implementation of annual business strategy and tactics
* Management of the product range
* Managing a team of Procurement professionals ensuring continuous development and taking responsibility for performance management of the team
* Foster a culture of learning and talent development to drive improvement, customer satisfaction and increased innovation
* Working in a collaborative manner with the wider business operations
* Articulate clearly the Procurement Team objectives
* Deliver the cost based reduction plan in line with company demands
* Implement and deliver the Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) toolkit to key suppliers
* Develop category management strategies working collaboratively to share knowledge and achieve goals
* Represent Procurement at key stakeholders forums and promote accordingly
* Guide and Coach Procurement team members
Key skills and experience in this role will include:
* Demonstrative experience in a commercially focused Category management role
* Preferably, several year's experience gained within a product wholesaler, retailer, FMCG or manufacturer
* Experience in tendering
* Ideally experience of garment and clothing procurement and low cost country sourcing
* Educated to university degree level or equivalent professional qualifications/experience within business management environment
* CIPS Level 6/MCIPS accreditation or working towards would be desirable
depending upon experience this role will offer a salary of £40,000-£43,000 with additional benefits.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the region's premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at http://www.macildowie.com.
Macildowie are a recruitment business working on behalf of a client to recruit this role. Your personal data may be forwarded to that client company as part of the application process. After applying for this role you'll be sent a request for your consent to hold your data on our systems. If you would like information on how we will process your data please go to our website and view our fair processing notices which are located at the bottom of the page under privacy policies. Within the fair processing notice for Candidates there is guidance on how to amend your contact preferences or exercise your rights relating to personal data. We can't provide direct links as email address and website urls within our job adverts are removed by some of the websites on which we advertise.