Macildowie are actively seeking a Senior Payroll clerk for a fantastic business based 10 minutes away from Nottingham city centre. If you have experience in HR also this would be a great bonus.
This is a permanent position, salary banding between £26,000 - £28,000 depending on experience and working hours.
Working Monday to Friday, working hours 32 hours - 37.5 hours - flexible for the right candidate.
- Overseeing the monthly payroll for two companies - total staff count 350 employees.
- Supporting Managers and employees with a wide range of payroll related queries including advice on pay, expenses, tax & national insurance, holiday calculations and sick pay.
- Processing new starters, changes, leavers, SMP, SSP, administration of Company cars, Expenses monthly payroll data input / importing, data validation, pay slip processing and distribution, P45/P60 processing, liaison with HMRC relating to tax and NI queries.
- Processing and managing the pension process.
- Responsibility for ensuring that all HR & Payroll records are up-to-date and accurate whether electronic or paper based and is in a structured format.
- Receiving incoming internal and external queries from staff in both businesses, you will provide first line Payroll support and advice, escalating queries as necessary
Skills / experience required:
- A strong understanding of Payroll technical knowledge and Payroll best practices
- An understanding of PSAs, P11ds, Auto-enrolment and RTi is essential
- Highly organised, with a systematic approach to tasks you will be self -motivated and able to work independently
- Experience of Payroll Systems and time and attendance system such as Sage and Focus
If you are interested in this role, please contact me directly on
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the region's premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at http://www.macildowie.com.
Macildowie are a recruitment business working on behalf of a client to recruit this role. Your personal data may be forwarded to that client company as part of the application process. After applying for this role you'll be sent a request for your consent to hold your data on our systems. If you would like information on how we will process your data please go to our website and view our fair processing notices which are located at the bottom of the page under privacy policies. Within the fair processing notice for Candidates there is guidance on how to amend your contact preferences or exercise your rights relating to personal data. We can't provide direct links as email address and website urls within our job adverts are removed by some of the websites on which we advertise.