Commercial Manager, 4 year contract, 60K per year
Macildowie are once again working with one of the leading European industrial Groups providing smart, sustainable precast concrete structures for the transportation and utilities sector looking for a highly motivated and experienced Commercial manager
This is a 4 year project reporting to the Major Projects Director, you will have overall on-site responsibility for the delivery of this project, in terms of overall programme cost and milestone delivery. Â Â
The role involves leading the Special Projects Team and taking a lead on the client relationship, to manage the efficient and safe execution of the project to meet overall contractual requirements on behalf of the client.
The Project will typically involve the following aspects, for which you will play a pivotal role in terms of delivery:
- Being on the ground to coordinate the activity of all workstreams, (eg, plant construction/capex, procurement/supply chain, logistics, production scheduling, quality assurance et al) and key stakeholders to ensure alignment and adherence to overall project plan; removing barriers and identifying solutions to achieve timescales.
- Sitting in all the client's meeting, doing the minute, passing it to the relevant stakeholder within the team, ensuring proper answers are provided to the client in due time
- The contract management, which is to issue early warning, 4 weeks rolling update of the program, agree on the delivery aspects, monthly valuation
- As appropriate, underpin activity of the Major Projects Director and provide input into business cases, to support investment/project approval. This will inevitably involve working with the key stakeholders, gathering their thoughts and ideas, such as to provide a best fit solution that delivers value for money and that meets the key objectives of the project.
- Define and implement product trials, CAPEX, supply chain and all resourcing requirement to underpin the overall delivery of the project plan.
- Working in conjunction with the Planner, manage handover of projects to production to ensure earliest benefit. Â Provide appropriate information to assist production in the effective operation and maintenance of new plant and equipment.
- Report as required to the business of the status of projects.
- In consultation with the senior management team, identify, develop and support preparation of business plans for development and growth.
You are driven to deliver a right first time, cost effective project management function to ensure the safe and efficient execution of orders/projects to ensure given contractual, quality and financial KPIs are met in an on time, in full approach. You are proactive and diligent in all aspects of project management from inception to completion, both during design stage and delivery to client specifications. Â You manage the project workload in such a way as to exceed minimum monthly application/invoice and contract gross contribution targets are met.
Your key experience, skills and qualifications, include:
- Extensive and proactive experience in the construction sector, ideally involving elements of precast concrete or a manufacturing environment.
- Sound confidence and competence in client-facing activity to create precast solutions fit for purpose, to spec and in price whilst mitigating production costs and maximising output. In doing so you are capable of being influential and capable of engaging/inspiring people
- Degree qualified or equivalent, with key major projects experience with a proven ability to manage multiple projects to budget, in parallel & within tight deadlines whilst juggling projects & resources with changing requirements & priorities.
- Chartered Project Professional, eg, MRICS or similar membership
- Ideally, you have a Green Belt or good working knowledge of Lean / Kaizen and have project managed continuous improvement.
- Sound IT skills in all Microsoft office and Sage Projects or other Construction ERP software/systems.
- Committed to promoting behaviours in line with our Values and Attitudes & Behaviours Policy
- A commitment to own continuous professional development
- Tenacity, resilience and a positive disposition, assertiveness and a high degree of determination to succeed.
- Ensures Accountability
- Drives Results
- Builds Effective Teams
- Drives Engagement
- Cultivates Innovation
Get in Touch
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the region's premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at macildowie.com.
Macildowie are a recruitment business working on behalf of a client to recruit this role. Your personal data may be forwarded to that client company as part of the application process. After applying for this role you'll be sent a request for your consent to hold your data on our systems. If you would like information on how we will process your data please go to our website and view our fair processing notices which are located at the bottom of the page under privacy policies. Within the fair processing notice for Candidates there is guidance on how to amend your contact preferences or exercise your rights relating to personal data. We can't provide direct links as email address and website urls within our job adverts are removed by some of the websites on which we advertise.