Senior Site Manager (Top Construction Contractor)
Circa £40,000 - £45,000 DOE + Benefits
A Top Ten leading contractor specialising in Leisure, Commercial and accommodation schemes have an exciting opportunity to join their very successful construction team in West Midlands as a Senior Site Manager to work on projects from £10m up to £70m.The initial scheme will be a £70m high rise scheme.
As a Senior Site Manager:
- Produce, work to and report on a daily programme.
- Manage the works so that they are completed on time and to the standard required. Arrange for the project to be signed off.
- Organise the workforce under his direct supervision so that they are fully occupied, working towards clear objectives and to required standards.
- Organise and liaise with sub-contractors with particular reference to meeting their agreed targets/programmes in order to maintain the overall programme for the works.
- Identify critical path items, including information, that are required to maintain the works programme, scheduling them, sourcing them, ensuring that the contracts manager is informed of any items that need to be put on the procurement schedule where lead times are known.
- Liaise with the contracts manager to co-ordinate labour requirements including organizing agency labour as and when required.
- procurement of materials from the Buying Dept. and checking their delivery on site, notifying suppliers
Immediately of any discrepancies/damaged items so that they can be replaced with minimal effect on the works programme.
- Hold regular site meetings with sub-contractors and report on progress and performance, and bring to the
Attention of the contract manager any issues that are or are likely to cause delay to the works programme.
- Identify snagging items throughout the course of the project and arrange for them to be rectified together with all items brought to his attention by the client/architect, co-ordinating the trades through to completion so that the highest standards are maintained and post-contract snagging is kept to a minimum.
- Arrange visits by Building Control and or NHBC Inspectors as and when required throughout the contract and arrange signing off at completion.
- Site manager or senior site manager role within a main construction contractor environment
- Eligible to work in the UK
About the Company / Why Apply
- My client is one of the Uk's Top Construction Contractors having been around for just 100 years and now has around 30 subsidiary companies or divisions.
- The company have a healthy order book in place for the rest of 2016 and leading into 2017.
Great culture to the company.
- Offer a variety of projects ranging from £10m - £40m within all new build sectors including Healthcare, Student accommodation, Hotels, Education, Retail, so a chance to work on something new!
- Offer an excellent salary DOE + Car/ Car allowance + Pension + Health care
Senior site manager jobs, site manager job, west midlands, Coventry, New build, Health care, Student accommodation, Hotels, Education, Retail
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the regions premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at www.macildowie.com.