A fantastic opportunity has become available for a Shipping Clerk to join a leading company dealing with Industrial supplies. You will be responsible for ensuring that all shipping of goods occurs in a timely manner and in line with shipping regulations, customer expectations and company expectations.
The role responsibilities include:
- Confirm all advice notes for goods supplied to our overseas subsidiaries, and raise export invoices and documents as applicable for the export to be completed in a timely manner.
- Create all customer invoices and export documents necessary to complete exports of customer orders in line with customer requirements and the commercial terms stated in their orders.
- To continually review freight service providers and seek new opportunities for continuous improvement
- Keep up-to-date with legislative changes in relation to the export and import of goods
- Deal with customer complaints in a professional and effective manner to satisfactorily resolve any dissatisfaction by the customer in regards to freight services.
- Keep customers and buyers fully appraised of the status of their order (direct communication), advising any delays in supply in a timely manner.
- Provide advice on all shipping matters as required to your colleagues and the wider business.
- Negotiate with freight forwarders to secure the best levels of service at the best price for each job enabling the sales team to be highly competitive when they quote our customers for freight services, and to enable our buyers to land product at competitive cost prices.
To apply for this Transport Assistant role please call Ashley Bane on 0115 947 0200 or email him at
Job Role: Shipping Clerk
Type: Permanent role
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the regions premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at www.macildowie.com.