The responsibilities of this role are split into two key area; Acquisitions and Strategic Planning. You will be responsible for providing commercial insight and commentary on the execution of specific acquisition opportunities. including the research of new markets and targets as well as monitoring key competitors and providing strategic insight into their potential integration into the Group:
- Working on appraisal and execution of acquisition opportunities, including financial and commercial analysis and recommendations
- Delivery of financial and commercial insight, and strategic analysis on acquisitions, including research of potential new markets and targets;
- Research of key Competitors and delivery of financial and strategic insight into their potential impact on the Group.
You will also be responsible for the analysis and monitoring the Group's overall strategic position, both from an internal point of view and in relation to its competitors:
- Together with senior management and advisors to the Group, understand the Group's valuation and its position in the market.
- Support the development of robust strategic plans for each Business Unit
- Develop and maintain a consolidated long term financial model of the Group built from financial plans
- Provide analysis to support the preparation of Group accounts as required, for example models to support the carrying value of intangible assets
This is a heavily project-focused role with a hugely strategic focus. You will build strong working relationships with executive level stakeholders and keep an up to date knowledge of a heavily M&A focused organisation.
- A qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) with circa three to five years PQE
- Highly numerate and literate with experience of writing high level Board reports;
- M&A experience either in practice or in a corporate environment, preferably Lead Advisory or Transaction Services covering all aspects of the transaction process;
- Strong commercial awareness, with the ability to understand the commercial and strategic aspects of investment opportunities.
Apply today for immediate consideration or for more information please contact Rob at Macildowie via
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the regions premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at www.macildowie.com.