Macildowie is pleased to be working in partnership with a growing business based in Kettering, Northamptonshire, as they look to recruit an experienced Strategic Buyer.
Reporting directly to the Operations Director, you will be responsible for:
* Identify and source new suppliers
* Identify and implement improvements to procurement process
* Negotiate price, deliver cost reductions, without compromising quality
* Challenge current supplier terms and framework agreements
* Work with the wider business to understand upcoming projects and material requirements
* Be hands on with the day to day running of the Purchasing department
* Supplier management including query/issue resolution
To be considered for this role you must be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
* Previous experience of Purchasing within a Manufacturing/Engineering environment
* Able to work in a fast paced environment
* Strong communication skills including negotiation
* Able to influence and implement change
* An awareness of technical drawings ideally AUTOCAD
* Previous experience of setting up SLA & Frameworks
* Computer literate including MRP systems and MS Excel
* Immediately available or on a relatively short notice period
This is a newly created role, working for a great organisation who are experiencing a period of considerable growth. They are friendly team, who all pull together to deliver the business results and a warm welcome awaits the successful candidate.
There is competitive salary and benefits package available depending on expereince
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the region's premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at http://www.macildowie.com.
Macildowie are a recruitment business working on behalf of a client to recruit this role. Your personal data may be forwarded to that client company as part of the application process. After applying for this role you'll be sent a request for your consent to hold your data on our systems. If you would like information on how we will process your data please go to our website and view our fair processing notices which are located at the bottom of the page under privacy policies. Within the fair processing notice for Candidates there is guidance on how to amend your contact preferences or exercise your rights relating to personal data. We can't provide direct links as email address and website urls within our job adverts are removed by some of the websites on which we advertise.