Macildowie Recruitment and Retention have partnered with one of the world's leading players within the engineering sector to help them appoint a Supply Chain Planning Lead. Following years of sustained growth, our client are now looking to add to their growing team in Loughborough.
The roles main function is to control responsibility and planning of production and material supply in line with NPI (new product introduction) and customer demand to ensure all material is available in a timely manner. Planning and purchasing activity which include overseeing the acquisition of non-production goods and services.
The candidate needs to have a manufacturing background ideally with engineering experience while also having experience of commodities such as electrical components but not essential.
- Work with key stakeholders to gain early visibility of forecasts, fixed demand requirements and ensure clear and timely reporting.
- Manage any supply issues, ensuring appropriate actions are taken to minimise the impact to Customers and NPI deliveries
- Oversee S&OP and (P)MRP processes, managing the outputs with clear and accurate reports and execution within approved limits.
- Alongside Purchasing, communicate and maintain supply demand plans, co-ordinate Supplier responses and manage challenges with a focus on lead-times, costs and OTIF.
- Create and maintain detailed and accurate Production plans, identifying constraints, risks and actions to ensure effective availability of materials and resources
- Own Customer delivery performance KPIs and lead continuous improvement activity.
- Ensure accurate and up-to-date ERP data (e.g., Supplier commit dates, lead-times, MOQs, Customer commits) resolving issues as they arise.
- Control day-to-day inventory transactions and allocations in line with business objectives.
- Ensure ongoing integrity of BOMs and inventory accuracy including management and control of inventory levels and movements in line with NPI & S&OP plans
- Oversee and manage P2P process to meet OTIF deliveries and ensuring invoicing/GRN discrepancies are resolved such that continuity of supply is not disrupted.
- Coach and develop direct reports to achieve a high performing team to achieve goals set out.
- Act as stand-in/additional cover as necessary for the Logistics & Trade Compliance Co-coordinator.
Key Skills and deliverable:
- Production Plans.
- S&OP Spend Analysis .
- Customer delivery and supply performance.
- Inventory Reporting.
- Process development and performance.
- Highly analytic and problem solver.
- Strong planning and organisation skills.
- Strong interpersonal and team leadership skills.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Strong experience in materials planning. (Ideally 5 years plus)
- Experience in manufacturing and engineering background in both NPI and serial production.
- Significant experience in ERP Systems.
- Degree in Supply Chain Management or equivalent.
- CIPPS is desirable but not essential.
I am happy to bring this exciting new role to the market if you think this is the right role for you and you have all the skills required please apply or get in touch with me on 07751091529.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the region's premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at macildowie.com.
Macildowie are a recruitment business working on behalf of a client to recruit this role. Your personal data may be forwarded to that client company as part of the application process. After applying for this role you'll be sent a request for your consent to hold your data on our systems. If you would like information on how we will process your data please go to our website and view our fair processing notices which are located at the bottom of the page under privacy policies. Within the fair processing notice for Candidates there is guidance on how to amend your contact preferences or exercise your rights relating to personal data. We can't provide direct links as email address and website urls within our job adverts are removed by some of the websites on which we advertise.