I am currently recruiting an industry based Tax Manager position which has been relocated to the North Derbyshire area from within the Group.
The position will oversee and co-ordinate the Organisation's tax affairs and provide advice, support and guidance to the business on all direct and indirect taxes in order to maintain compliance with relevant tax legislation and reporting requirements.
You will represent the business on tax matters in its dealings with all external parties (including HMRC, auditors, advisors and lawyers).
The business aim to attract and develop great people who have pride in and passion for delivering value. This role will offer a strong sense of ownership and responsibility whilst allowing for autonomy and flexibility to be used.
* Maintain open and transparent dialogue with HMRC.
* Manage day-to-day compliance obligations for taxes paid,
* Provide tax accounting support under relevant GAAP.
* Responsibility of work to allow completion of annual SAO certification.
* Manage the corporation tax compliance cycle; review tax computations and provide sign-off before submission to HMRC.
* Complete quarterly VAT returns and ensure submission to HMRC.
* Review all Intrastat and EU sales list returns and VAT Voluntary Declarations.
* Work with advisers, third-party providers and internal staff to co-ordinate, oversee, and advise on any other direct or indirect taxes, including: property taxes, stamp duties and employment taxes.
Qualifications / Experience Required:
* Tax Qualification or relevant experience with an Accounting Qualification,
* Broad knowledge of direct and indirect taxes,
* Excellent interpersonal, influencing and communication skills; ability to build relationships with a range of external and internal stakeholders,
* Ability to work to tight deadlines and under own initiative.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the regions premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at www.macildowie.com.