Technical Manager 50-70K with 20% bonus, car and package
Macildowie are partnering with an industry leading niche homebuilder striving to create bespoke developments in desirable and sustainable locations with market leading levels of customer satisfaction.
Behaviour and Values
- Operate at all times with honesty and integrity.
- At all times comply with company policies and procedures.
- Speak up against inappropriate behaviour.
- Be accountable and take personal responsibility.
- Do what we say, to be trusted to deliver.
- Support and respect each other.
- Treat colleagues and associates fairly.
- Demonstrate a passion for quality and excellence.
- Operate for the overall good of the company.
Health and Safety
- A safe and supportive work environment.
- Exceed the industry safe scheme benchmarks.
The client is currently undergoing a growth phase with backing to grow unit deliveries from 100 units per annum to 350 units per annum in the short term and we are therefore seeking individuals that can help in this growth towards larger developments and help evolve the design and technical team to meet the challenges that are to come.
Currently operating a land bid team and live sites team process and we believe this is the best way to concentrate on land acquisitions for the growth of the company in the immediate term. Thereafter, we believe that the development manager could become an integral part of the transition of the company and work as Technical Manager of live sites over the next two years once a reorganisation of the department with all members, has been completed.
This will give each Technical Manager the opportunity and satisfaction of delivering a site from inception all of the way through to completion with the support of our engineers.
- As a Technical Manager, you will report into the Technical Director and will be responsible for the following;
- Input technical information for initial appraisals to support the land department in assessing viability of site purchases.
- Procure detailed technical design information/reports to support land viability assessments.
- Appoint and manage consultants along with our Senior Design Manager at application stage to ensure they consider key design efficiencies and technical constraints.
- Coordinate and provide information to support the Technical Managers following submission of Planning & Building Regulation applications and obtain planning permissions and other statutory approvals e.g. Section 104, 278, 38 Agreements along with our Senior Design Manager
- Assist in the production of Pre-Tender Health & Safety Plans and coordination of internal sign off meetings. Comply with responsibilities as laid down in the Group's Health, Safety & Environment Policy.
- Work closely with other members of the Design and Technical team and other departments to maximise output and meet company targets.
- Implement new ideas and methods and continue to seek ways of improving contribution to the organisations goals and enhancing the reputation of the company.
- Provide key technical considerations over timing of other aspects such as ecological works, highway agreements, archaeological investigations and information in a timely manner to support other departments and colleagues to ensure our aims of delivering high quality developments is borne out.
- Manage the preliminary requirements of a site until it can be handed over to the Technical Managers.
Thereafter to work with our land department on sites that you are appointed to, to provide technical input through bid stages of development and then ensure control of the technical function of the site when it becomes live and coordinate working drawings with our consulting architects and our in house architectural technologist.
Knowledge, Skills & Education
- As an Engineer, you will be required to demonstrate your qualifications in the following areas:
- Relevant Engineering Degree (or equivalent qualification).
- Proven track record as a successful Engineer within the house building sector.
- Knowledge of latest Building Regulations and Standards.
- CDM knowledge.
- CSCS qualification (or equivalent).
- Competent with Microsoft office software.
- Full UK driving license.
Some further experience appropriate for this role would be:
- Geotechnical, highways, drainage, and utilities knowledge.
- AutoCAD competency preferable.
- Knowledge of latest building products on the market.
- Knowledge of latest Building Regulation and Health & Safety regulation changes.
Desired Personal Qualities
- As an Engineer, we would be looking for the following core behaviours:
- Driven desire to achieve maximum potential.
- Punctual and efficient time management.
- Articulate and confident individual with good communication skills.
- Team player with a proactive approach and desire to collectively achieve company targets.
- Confident and diligent when dealing with colleagues and consultants
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the region's premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at macildowie.com.
Macildowie are a recruitment business working on behalf of a client to recruit this role. Your personal data may be forwarded to that client company as part of the application process. After applying for this role you'll be sent a request for your consent to hold your data on our systems. If you would like information on how we will process your data please go to our website and view our fair processing notices which are located at the bottom of the page under privacy policies. Within the fair processing notice for Candidates there is guidance on how to amend your contact preferences or exercise your rights relating to personal data. We can't provide direct links as email address and website urls within our job adverts are removed by some of the websites on which we advertise.