A leading 3PL in North Lincolnshire are looking for a Transport Co-ordinator to join their team. Working within a busy office you will be responsible for the daily management of activities of their own fleet, core/agency drivers and sub-contraction within the depot. With a focus on excellent communication, you will brief and debrief the drivers on their daily work schedule / completion of daily tasks.
- Working in partnership with the driver team, customer and planning department you will ensure the effective daily management and execution of the plan.
- Coordinate vehicle and trailer maintenance program in line with company and manufacturers requirements.
- Dispatch and debrief drivers using a transport management system and associated processes.
- Addressing all infringements in accordance with company policy.
- Ensuring all drivers schedules enable daily and weekly rest periods to compliance with legal requirements.
- Responsibility for the compliance of all vehicles including checking they are in a correct and safe working condition.
- Building relationships with the driving team.
- Ensuring there is the appropriate level of agency and sub-contractor drivers and that they are fully trained to company standards.
- Communicating with other internal and external operations to ensure we maximise operating synergies.
- You will have experience of working within a busy transport office.
- Able to organise work load in a consistent and methodical way.
- Have the ability to plan, prioritise and work to deadlines, without supervision and on their own initiative.
- You will have high levels of drive and enthusiasm and be dynamic and proactive in your approach.
The hours of work are Monday-Friday 8am-5.30pm.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the regions premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at www.macildowie.com.