Macildowie has been able to gain an opportunity to work with a long standing business to recruit for a Trainee Accountant. The company is looking for a versatile and ambitious individual who is keen to contribute to the continuing progress of the Finance function. The Trainee Accountant role will offer a competitive salary, progression within the team and study support for a relevant accountancy qualification (AAT, ACCA, CIMA). They will provide you the full study support, mentorship and coaching as we support you on your journey into a career in Finance.
* Deliver a range of duties on a daily basis, to include administration of daily control reconciliations, bank recs, setting up of bank payments, and recording of accounting entries.
* Produce and process supplier payments and manage spreadsheets of management expenses.
* Provide treasury back office support, including preparation of confirmations.
* Support Finance team in delivering month end finance processes.
* Assistance on matters of regulatory reporting and financial accounting as required.
* To provide a high standard of customer service at all times, including liaison with other departments and customers as required.
* To work with other members of the finance team and adhere to policy and procedural guidelines.
* Respond positively to guidance and direction given to meet the requirements of the role.
* Build a range of knowledge relevant to the Finance function.
* Develop understanding of finance processes and procedures.
* Ensure online training is completed as required.
* To follow and update (as appropriate) procedures and policies for the function.
* To contribute to projects and undertake any other duties that may be regarded as within the responsibility of the job role.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the region's premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at macildowie.com.
Macildowie are a recruitment business working on behalf of a client to recruit this role. Your personal data may be forwarded to that client company as part of the application process. After applying for this role you'll be sent a request for your consent to hold your data on our systems. If you would like information on how we will process your data please go to our website and view our fair processing notices which are located at the bottom of the page under privacy policies. Within the fair processing notice for Candidates there is guidance on how to amend your contact preferences or exercise your rights relating to personal data. We can't provide direct links as email address and website urls within our job adverts are removed by some of the websites on which we advertise.