Macildowie Recruitment and Retention have partnered with one of the UK's leading Logistics Providers to help them find a Trainee Operations Coordinator Following years of sustained growth, our client are now looking to add to the growing team in their Nottingham office.
- Reporting directly to the Operations Manager.
- Responsible for the daily coordination of time-sensitive freight movement via road, sea and air.
- Working closely alongside the sales team to ensure that customer-centric solutions can be provided.
- Taking a lead on developing lasting relationships with clients and hauliers.
- Undertaking administrative tasks such as freight booking, raising purchase orders and chasing invoices.
- Continuously looking for new ways to improve the day-to-day running of the operation
- Compile data which pertains to supplier performance.
- Liaising with suppliers.
- Providing a high level of customer service.
- Monitor market trends and competitor strategies.
The Ideal Candidate
- Looking for a career when they can grow and develop.
- Degree is preferable, not essential.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Willing, can-do attitude.
- Creative mind and a passion for continuous improvement.
- Salary: 18k - 19k per annum.
- Office hours - Monday - Friday
This is a fantastic opportunity for a someone looking to to take the first steps within their career.!
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the region's premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at macildowie.com.
Macildowie are a recruitment business working on behalf of a client to recruit this role. Your personal data may be forwarded to that client company as part of the application process. After applying for this role you'll be sent a request for your consent to hold your data on our systems. If you would like information on how we will process your data please go to our website and view our fair processing notices which are located at the bottom of the page under privacy policies. Within the fair processing notice for Candidates there is guidance on how to amend your contact preferences or exercise your rights relating to personal data. We can't provide direct links as email address and website urls within our job adverts are removed by some of the websites on which we advertise.