My client is a leading logistics provider that specialises in the storage and distribution of chilled, ambient and frozen food. Based in Leicestershire, they have become one of the market leaders within their sector. They have undergone rapid expansion in recent years and now they are looking for a dynamic Transport Manager to add to their growing team.
- Full operational responsibility for a fleet of 50-75 vehicles
- Responsible for x10 office staff; including supervisors and planners
- Manage the P&L, KPI's, SOP's and SLA's for the depot
- Ensuring that the fleet is running in accordance with company standards
- Maintaining a high level of customer service and working to a standard of excellence
- Liaising directly with key internal and external stakeholders
- Provide coaching and mentoring for all members of staff
- Working in conjunction with the warehouse department
- Sound knowledge of health & safety
- Reporting directly to the General Manager
The Ideal Candidate:
- Has 4/5 years experience as a Transport Manager
- CPC National is required
- Experience of temperature controlled distribution is preferable but not essential
- Has managed a fleet of at least 50 vehicles
- Fully versed in TachoMaster
This is a fantastic opportunity for those looking to progress their career within logistics!
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the region's premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at http://www.macildowie.com.
Macildowie are a recruitment business working on behalf of a client to recruit this role. Your personal data may be forwarded to that client company as part of the application process. After applying for this role you'll be sent a request for your consent to hold your data on our systems. If you would like information on how we will process your data please go to our website and view our fair processing notices which are located at the bottom of the page under privacy policies. Within the fair processing notice for Candidates there is guidance on how to amend your contact preferences or exercise your rights relating to personal data. We can't provide direct links as email address and website urls within our job adverts are removed by some of the websites on which we advertise.