An excellent opportunity for a Transport Manager has become available within the Northamptonshire area for an ever growing, successful packaging company
As a Transport Manager you will take full responsibility and accountability for all transport activities. This will include the use of own fleet, external couriers through to articulated vehicles. To maximise use of own fleet through effective planning and monitoring drivers performance in conjunction with all driver legislation. To work with the sales teams in finding delivery solutions for each of our customers.
The role responsibilities will include :
- Increase the use of our own fleet by maximising the cubic capacity of each vehicle and completing as many journeys as the working day will allow.
- Ensure compliance within the Working Time Directive and tachograph legislation
- Obtain a CPC & to co-ordinate the training of all drivers to ensure they have an active driver CPC
- Correlate hours required to volume of work to be completed. This to include the maximising of the driver day and minimising alternative, non-productive activity. To minimise the spend on overtime and agency usage.
- Use load planning techniques and reviewing load planning tools in the market place to ensure effective planning is taking place. To ensure overtness of planning to enable others to plan in the Transport Manager absence.
- Control vehicle maintenance and servicing and monitor damage spend per vehicle and driver. To lead all vehicle damage investigations.
- Build relationships with hauliers both locally and in key strategic geographic locations to achieve cost effective solutions for deliveries beyond our own fleet capabilities.
- Strong geographical knowledge
- Transport Legal compliance knowledge
- CPC Qualification
- Methodical and demonstrable priortisation of tasks and projects
- Self motivated
- Excellent time management skills
- Experience working in a logistics environment and investigatory processes
To apply for this Transport Manager role please call Ashley Bane on 0115 947 0200 or email him at
Job Role: Transport Manager Location: Northamptonshire Salary: £26,000 - £30,000 Type: Permanent role
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the regions premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at www.macildowie.com.