My client is a leading 3PL that specialises in chilled, frozen and ambient Food. Based in Hinckley, they have become one of the market leaders within their sector. They have undergone rapid expansion in recent years and now they are looking for a dynamic Transport Manager to add to their growing team.
- Facilitate transport specific projects/contract work
- Responsible for ca. 50 drivers and 8 direct reports
- Manage the filing system for legislative vehicle documentation
- Putting together performance reports for Directors and General Manager
- Manage the policy and procedures of fuel cards
- Customer problems are investigated and resolved
- Management of tax payments, toll charges and fines
- Oversee performance
- Working closely with the operations to maximise the availability of vehicles
- Assist new driver inductions and re training
- Daily customer liaison to ensure their requirements are being met
The Right Candidate:
- CPC National
- Numerate and Literate, as well as possessing a good grasp of I.T
- Good understanding of vehicle specification requirements
- Strong organisational skills for planning schedules, journeys and loads
- Excellent budget handling skills
- The ability to think logically
- The ability to work flexibly and to make decisions quickly
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to deal with people at all levels
- Good leadership and motivational skills
- Good geographical knowledge
Why this role?
This is a fantastic opportunity to develop your career with a 3PL within the East Midlands.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the region's premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at http://www.macildowie.com.
Macildowie are a recruitment business working on behalf of a client to recruit this role. Your personal data may be forwarded to that client company as part of the application process. After applying for this role you'll be sent a request for your consent to hold your data on our systems. If you would like information on how we will process your data please go to our website and view our fair processing notices which are located at the bottom of the page under privacy policies. Within the fair processing notice for Candidates there is guidance on how to amend your contact preferences or exercise your rights relating to personal data. We can't provide direct links as email address and website urls within our job adverts are removed by some of the websites on which we advertise.