A leading retailer in Leicester is looking for a Transport Manager to join them on a 6 month interim contract. They are currently going through a restructure and are looking for somebody to join their team to assist in training and development of the transport department. Due to the nature of the role they are looking for someone who is able to start within the next 2 weeks. The role will allow you to have exposure of working within a large retailer and within an FMCG environment.
- Responsibility for taking over the transport department and the smooth transition to a new team structure.
- Training and developing the supervisor on the commercial aspects of being a Transport Manager.
- Handing over the management responsibilities, including 121s, disciplinaries and reviews to the Transport
- Supervisor under your development and training.
- Coaching the team on different emergency scenarios and providing them with best practice.
- Managing all of the fleet maintenance contracts and ensuring that all vehicles are legal.
- Developing the team to be self-sufficient.
- Due to the nature of the position you will need to be immediately available.
- Previous transport management experience is essential.
- Retail sector is desirable but not essential.
- You do not have to have a CPC but it would be beneficial.
The role is Monday-Friday for 6 months and is paying the full time equivalent of up to £35,000 per year.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the regions premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at www.macildowie.com.