A leading manufacturer in Nottinghamshire is looking for a Transport Planner to assist them for 6 months. Working alongside both the Transport manager and the customer, you will be responsible for the successful planning of chilled products. Dealing with both internal and external stakeholders, you will need to ensure that all the drivers are completing their deliveries and collections on time and in full. Joining a fast paced environment, they are looking for someone who is very forward thinking and proactive in their approach.
- Working closely with the Transport Manager and Site Manager to ensure that the customers deliveries are completed on time in full.
- Planning routes across the UK for multiple contracts.
- Ensuring that any issues are solved in a timely manner.
- Ensuring vehicles and drivers are meeting current legislation.
- Collating tacho information.
- Keeping in touch with drivers throughout their routes.
- Creating daily, weekly and monthly reports.
- Implementing strategic changes within the site.
- Ensuring drivers are briefed and debriefed.
- Responsible for health and safety.
- You will have previous experience of working in a distribution environment.
- Forward thinking and proactive in your approach.
- Good understanding of H&S legislations and transport legislations.
- CPC is not needed for this position
Working hours are any 5 of 7 on a day shift.
The pay scale is £20-25k depending on experience.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the regions premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at www.macildowie.com.