My client is a leading 3PL that specialises in the FMCG sector. Based in Spondon, they have become one of the market leaders within their sector. They have undergone rapid expansion in recent years and now they are looking for a dynamic Transport Planner to add to their growing team.
- Planning routes for ca. 50 core vehicles and sub-contractors
- Drive back-haul volume through the fleet by working with the wider network
- Introducing new customers in problem areas.
- Managing internal and external stakeholder's, including third party hauliers
- Management of Health & Safety
- Working with other planners to ensure routes are planned in an efficient and cost-effect manner
- Ensure all decisions are taken with full knowledge of the P&L implications to the business
The Right Candidate
- Has experience of planning routes for in-house transport and 3rd party hauliers
- Experience of 3PL route planning is desirable
- Ba or Bsc Hons preferable, not essential
- Previous experience/knowledge of Transport Management systems required
- Can deliver upon and exceed expectations
- Has experience of Paragon or RoadRunner
- Able to communicate at all levels
- Ability to work under pressure
This is a fantastic opportunity to develop your career as a Transport Planner within a growing 3PL.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the region's premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at http://www.macildowie.com.
Macildowie are a recruitment business working on behalf of a client to recruit this role. Your personal data may be forwarded to that client company as part of the application process. After applying for this role you'll be sent a request for your consent to hold your data on our systems. If you would like information on how we will process your data please go to our website and view our fair processing notices which are located at the bottom of the page under privacy policies. Within the fair processing notice for Candidates there is guidance on how to amend your contact preferences or exercise your rights relating to personal data. We can't provide direct links as email address and website urls within our job adverts are removed by some of the websites on which we advertise.