A leading retailer in Northamptonshire are looking for a Nights and Days Transport Team Manager to join their operation. Working within a fast paced environment you will be managing a team of 12 clerks and a number of drivers within the nights operation. With c200 routes going out of the site, you will hold a key role in the operation ensuring all the drivers are briefed and debriefed.
- You will be responsible for supporting the management of the drivers, vehicles and administration team to ensure all products are dispatched and delivered on time to customers site.
- Supporting the client with the first class service.
- Ensuring all activities are carried out in line with both legal requirements and company policies.
- Creating reports for the transport management team on KPIs and drivers hours etc.
- Update all information to the transport software and managing all records in line with the plans and customer requirements.
- Report and manage any vehicle defects to the Shift Managers.
- If any issues may impact service you will be responsible for communicating this to the customer.
- Manage all of the driver resource for your shift.
- Carry out all driver briefs and debriefs.
- Conduct training to the drivers and administrators.
- You will have some experience within a management or supervisory position within a transport environment.
- Knowledge of transport scheduling and driver management tools.
- You will have strong Excel skills.
- Understanding of Open and Closed book operations is essential.
- You will have previous experience of working in a fast paced transport office, ideally dealing with the customer too.
The hours of this role are 10 hour shifts at night or day, depending on which shift you pick, on a 4 on 4 off shift pattern basis. The role is paying up to £31k depending on experience and this includes your shift premium.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the regions premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at www.macildowie.com.