A market leading FMCG company based in Northamptonshire are looking for a UK logistics manager to join their growing site. Getting involved in a number of continuous improvement projects you will be responsible for managing the warehouse and logistics teams within a 120k sq ft site, shipping out 2.9 million units a week. Joining a growing company, you will have the opportunity to work with sites worldwide, getting involved in working closely with major retailers across the UK.
- Controlling the whole warehousing operation ensuring it is completing within budgetary requirements.
- Monitoring KPIs and ensuring that SLAs are achieved in the most cost effective manner.
- Coordinate all logistical operations, both inbound and outbound, ensuring sufficient supply of their goods and products.
- Liaising with the hauliers and negotiating on costs with suppliers.
- Responsible for health and safety aspects within the warehouse ensuring that all staff follow SOPs.
- Analysing logistics systems and procedures monitoring the delivery of products and looking at continuous improvement schemes to ensure that they are completed in the most efficient and economical way.
- Building relationships with the customer's logistics and supply chain teams, making any necessary improvements and creating SLAs.
- Building internal relationships with other functional areas.
- Comply and support legislation within the department and wider business.
- Managing the team through a period of growth, driving change and continuous improvements.
- Proven experience within a senior management position.
- Project management experience is essential.
- FMCG experience is desirable, especially within ambient, chilled and frozen production.
- Knowledge of SAP is essential.
- Proven Lean/Six Sigma skills are essential.
- Customer management skills are desirable.
- Experience of dealing with 3PLs would be desirable.
The role is Monday to Friday paying a salary of £50-55k depending on experience. Alongside this, there is also a bonus, car or allowance, healthcare and pension.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the regions premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at www.macildowie.com.