User UX Experience Specialist / £35,000 - £50,000 DOE
Are you UX Specialist who is looking for a fresh challenge?
Do you enjoy working collaboratively across teams?
Macildowie are currently working in conjunction with a great business in Coventry who are looking for a UX Specialist to join their growing team on a permanent basis.
The role is for ensuring consistent; end -to-end user experiences based on user insight are delivered.
You will be responsible for undertaking user experience research and UX tasks to help shape website activities and apps including evaluation and delivery of components and designs that meet business goals and the needs of end users.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work collaboratively with the insight team, reviewing, commissioning and leading research, to identify and make recommendations for UX/UI improvements, and facilitate best practice. Ensure that participation in user research is inclusive and accessible for the full diversity of service users.
- Plan and carry out user-centred research and design activity to support the delivery of a high-quality app and web-based customer journeys.
- Identify user needs and goals through a range of methods including lab and field-based usability testing, interviews, surveys, co-design workshops, contextual inquiry, and ethnographic studies.
- Work with the Web Product Manager and Senior Front End Developer, analyse, prioritise, estimate and plan new features, improvements and general updates as part of an agreed release cycle as a member of the Web Team's senior staff.
- Develop and translate concepts into user flows, wireframes, mock-ups and prototypes that lead to stand out and intuitive user experiences.
- Design and deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys and mock-ups optimised for a range of devices and interfaces.
- Monitoring site performance, identify design problems and, working with the Senior Front End Web Developer, devise solutions.
- Identify gaps or shortfalls in information, in liaison with the Market Insight and broader stakeholders from across the Group, and work with the broader team to find solutions to fill these.
- Day to day liaison and communication with stakeholders to ensure compliance with policies and processes. Develop and maintain relationship-building across the group to support and promote the team's activities.
- Lead projects of a short-term nature and contribute to larger projects as part of a project team, to support the achievement of project objectives.
- Embed user-centred design thinking across Marketing and the group by providing guidance on existing methods
The ideal candidate will be:
- Educated to a graduate level or have an equivalent professional qualification or can demonstrate relevant work experience.
- Expertise in standard UX/UI design and prototyping tools software eg Adobe Photoshop, XD, Sketch, InVision, UXPin, Balsamiq, Framer or equivalent.
- UX/UI design experience in a related or similar role.
- Demonstrable experience of choosing and applying appropriate user-centred design research methods (from data gathering to synthesis and analysis) for different design life cycle phases and situations.
- Extensive experience in using UX design best practices to design solutions and an understanding of mobile-first and responsive design.
- Experience of creating user stories, personas, storyboarding and prototyping online experiences.
- Experience of working with stakeholders to understand detailed requirements.
- Ability to develop successful, relationships with colleagues, users, and other stakeholders based upon a commitment to collaborative working facilitating improved performance and results.
- An excellent team player and able to fit in and work at all levels.
Please put your home postcode on your CV when applying. Our recruitment tech uses this to make sure your CV is reviewed by the relevant consultant, for the relevant job(s), in the relevant geography.
Macildowie are a recruitment business working on behalf of a client to recruit this role. Your personal data may be forwarded to that client company as part of the application process.
If you would like information on how we will process your data please go to our website (macildowie.com) and view our fair processing notices which are located at the bottom of the page under privacy policies. Within the fair processing notice for Candidates there is guidance on how to amend your contact preferences or exercise your rights relating to personal data. We can't provide direct links as email address and website urls within our job adverts are removed by some of the websites on which we advertise.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the region's premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at macildowie.com.