A large, world renowned, third party Logistics Company based in Nottinghamshire is looking to recruit a First Line Manager to join their team. Working within the warehouse you will head a team up to 100 people during the peak periods. You will be responsible for motivating and leading the day to day running of your team and managing tasks efficiently and ensure that targets are surpassed on a daily basis. You will need a strong character and a reactive personality being able to adapt and manage within an environment which has the capacity to change very quickly. Health and safety is a key part of this position and proven experience and qualifications within this will be highly beneficial.
Other responsibilities include:
- Plan and control the allocated resources within the team.
- Motivate and develop a team in a continuous improvement environment, coaching to create an environment of associated involvement.
- Assess, monitor and review team members and aid their development in line with capabilities and potential.
- Effectively communicate achievements and targets to the team and promote good team working relationships.
- Ensure all company policies are communicated, applied and enforced.
- Work in collaboration with other sites to maximise efficiencies and best practice.
- Organise and lead the focus on improved productivity levels.
- Ensure all area KPIs are achieved.
- Support of culture change.
- Team training plan in liaison with the Site Trainer.
A successful candidate will have the following:
- Experience of working within a unionised environment.
- Change Management skills to ensure the smooth transitions between changes in SLAs.
- Management experience within an FMCG environment.
- Working knowledge of Health and safety regulations.
- Computer literate and good analytical and numerical skills.
There are 2 shift patterns running: 5:15am-2:00pm and 12:30pm-9:15pm working any 5 of 7.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the regions premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at www.macildowie.com.