My client is a leading 3PL that is looking to expand their warehousing operation on one of their most import contracts within the East Midlands. Based in Derby, they are of the market leaders within their sector. This site has undergone expansion in recent years and now they are looking for a hands-on Warehouse First Line Manager Manager to add to their growing team.
The Role requires:
- Responsible for managing ca. 25 operatives
- Working within an environment that encompasses warehouse and production
- Ensuring that pallets are loaded, unloaded and stored in a safe and efficient manners
- Liaising daily with the production and transportation team
- Manage staff attendance and breaks, ensuring that any issues are reported to the site manager
- Ensure health & safety standards are adhered to
- Report any defective materials or pallets
- Identify training and development and opportunities within the warehouse team
- Communicating with internal and external stakeholder's
The right candidate:
- 2/3 years experience as a Team Leader or First Line Manager
- Has managed teams of at least 10 people
- Experience of 3rd party logistics is preferable
- IOSH or NEBOSH qualifications are preferable
- Fully versed in lean methods; Six Sigma, 5 Whys, Gemba etc.
- Solid understanding of warehousing, health & safety and production
- Team player with a can-do attitude
- Willing to progress their career whilst working for a market leader
This is a fantastic opportunity to progress your supervisory career with a market leading company!
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the region's premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at http://www.macildowie.com.
Macildowie are a recruitment business working on behalf of a client to recruit this role. Your personal data may be forwarded to that client company as part of the application process. After applying for this role you'll be sent a request for your consent to hold your data on our systems. If you would like information on how we will process your data please go to our website and view our fair processing notices which are located at the bottom of the page under privacy policies. Within the fair processing notice for Candidates there is guidance on how to amend your contact preferences or exercise your rights relating to personal data. We can't provide direct links as email address and website urls within our job adverts are removed by some of the websites on which we advertise.