A market leading FMCG company based in Burton Latimer are looking for Warehouse Leading Hands to join their team. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing assistance to the Team Leader supervising all of the warehouse operations from goods in to despatch. You will be managing a team of up to 7 people on a rotating shift pattern (4 on 4 off, 2 x days and 2 x night shifts).
- Working closely with both shifts to ensure a thorough handover is taken/given to the next shift.
- Assisting with the management of the team, carrying out any investigations and reporting, return to works, one to ones and managing attendance and timekeeping.
- You will be responsible for coaching and training of your team, ensuring that all health and safety is adhered to and that risk assessments are completed.
- Responsibility for reviewing the workload and allocating to the warehouse staff.
- Working in both ambient and chilled areas you will be responsible for all aspects of the warehouse environment from goods in to despatch ensuring all lorries/containers are loaded and unloaded safely.
- You will be working closely on the SAP system, checking all documentation ensuring it is correct and inputted directly onto the system.
- Reporting of any defects to the Team Leader, ensuring that all stock is labelled correctly before despatch.
- Checking all inbound products are as to the delivery note.
- Working closely with the production manager creating a picking list of raw materials to go to the production line, ensuring that SAP is updated to reflect this and that all materials are delivered.
- General housekeeping of the site, ensuring the warehouse is kept clean and tidy.
- Checking all forklifts prior to and after use reporting any defects to the Warehouse Team Leader.
- You must hold a valid UK forklift licence that is in date.
- Experience on SAP is desirable.
- Previous experience of managing/supervising a team is essential.
The role is on a 4 on 4 off shift pattern, within your 4 working days you will do 2 x 12 hour shifts on days and 2 x 12 hour shifts on nights. The basic pay rate is £14.37 per hour with shift premiums for both a day and night shift.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the regions premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at www.macildowie.com.