A well established distribution company based in Leicester is looking for a Warehouse Supervisor to join their team. They are looking for someone who will be able to come in and hit the ground running, managing a team of 3 operatives in a busy environment you will be responsible for the daily operations within the Warehouse.
- Allocating workload to the team of warehouse assistants.
- On average working on 70 orders on a daily basis including a mix of single items and pallets.
- Responsible for health and safety within the warehouse.
- Undertaking all return to works, reviews and disciplinaries.
- You will create and develop continuous improvement schemes throughout the warehouse.
- Working closely with the finance director on sourcing materials and negotiating with couriers and transport providers.
- Ensuring all compliance in line with company policies and legislation.
- Developing and mentoring your team, ensuring they are cross trained.
- Responsibility for maintaining the FLT's including booking services, doing daily checks and ensuring all drivers are qualified.
- Undertake projects within the warehouse.
- When the site is busy you may need to get involved to ensure all orders are completed daily.
- You will have previous experience of working in a warehouse environment.
- Previous man management skills.
- It is desirable that you have an in date fork lift licence, however an in-house licence will be accepted and a refresher course offered.
- Experience of using SAP is desirable but not essential.
The hours of the role are Monday-Friday 9am-5.30pm. The rate of pay is £25-30k depending on experience with a competitive package.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the regions premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at www.macildowie.com.