This is an exciting opportunity to work for an industry leading business that forms part of a global group. Looking after a busy Warehouse the successful candidate will be responsible for goods in, stores and despatch. Managing a team of up to 20 people, you will be able to think outside the box and implement 5s and lean improvements into the Warehouse. This is a really good challenge for someone who wants to go into a business and make a difference.
- Responsible for all areas of the warehouse including multiple line picks from multiple locations.
- Working with the operations manager to ensure that staffing levels meet demand.
- Working closely with external hauliers ensuring all items are delivered on time in full.
- Responsibility for ensuring all jobs are completed on a daily basis.
- Create and implement best working practices and SOPs.
- Promote Kanban, lean and 5s principles.
- Managing a team of 15 undertaking all RTWs, investigations and appraisals.
- Undertake stock checks and manage all inventory and PPI.
- Manage all MHE ensuring checks are completed daily.
- You will have FLT licences, in house licences are ok.
- It is desirable that you have an understanding of Kanban, lean and 5s principles.
- Competent user of Microsoft office applications.
- Able to understand ERP/MRP systems.
The hours of work are Monday-Friday but flexibility would be needed and occasional weekend work.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the regions premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at www.macildowie.com.