Web Product Manager / £35,000 - £44,500 DOE
Are you Web Product Manager who is looking for a fresh challenge?
Do you enjoy working collaboratively across teams?
Macildowie are currently working in conjunction with a great business in Coventry who are looking for a Web Product Manager to join their growing team on a permanent basis.
You will develop multiple websites and be involved in the production of a web and apps framework and roadmap which aligns with key strategic goals and brand proposition.
The role holder will take the lead on implementing the digital content strategy, information architecture and associated user journeys throughout the web site and marketing apps, providing relatable user-centred experiences for our different audiences.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead and manage the web team in the planning and delivery of web and app projects, liaising with subject matter experts and members of the broader web team to ensure projects are user-centred delivered on time, to specification and within budget.
- Oversee the editing and amending of existing content on websites and apps, ensuring that it is accurate, up-to-date reflects the user journey and is appropriately written meeting SEO, accessibility and brand standards.
- Review and recommend changes to the website and apps information architecture, through internal consultation, workshops, data analysis and user research, as appropriate.
- Taking an agile approach, own the product backlog, working with the Senior Front End Developer and UX Specialist, analyse, prioritise, estimate and plan new features, improvements and general updates as part of an agreed release cycle as a member of the Web Team's senior staff.
- Monitor the status, appropriateness, timeliness, integrity and quality of information supplied by other providers on websites hosted on servers, taking remedial action or consulting the Head of Web as appropriate.
- Identify web and app editors outside of Marketing and ensure processes and workflows are in place to provide robust training on CMS platforms, SEO and accessibility to enable editing rights.
- Ensure due diligence is carried out with all web development in relation to legal and regulatory compliance with regards to security, data protection/GDPR, PECR, accessibility.
- Audit, review and improve web content on a continual basis, providing reports and forward plans as required.
- Be a contact for emergency and crisis communications - this may require being on call and required to work at short notice over the evening(s) or weekend(s) should a critical incident emerge.
- Manage and report on a devolved budget, ensuring that value for money and good Return on Investment is achieved.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Educated to a graduate level or have an equivalent professional qualification or can demonstrate relevant work experience.
- Experience of leading cross-functional teams to deliver web-based products.
- Demonstrable track record of project managing for the web with a strong understanding of SEO.
- A keen understanding of user interaction and design principles and standards.
- Experience of working in an agile environment.
- Experience of managing and developing a high performing team.
- Legal issues related to online content, including data protection
- Attention to detail and ability to deliver work to a high standard.
- Managing the production of high quality web and multimedia content.
- Ability to think strategically and evaluate options in the short, medium and long term.
- Must have a positive, can-do attitude and the ability to lead, manage and motive team members to create a high performing team.
- Demonstrate a positive and flexible approach to work - will involve some evening/weekend working and travel in the UK and overseas.
Please put your home postcode on your CV when applying. Our recruitment tech uses this to make sure your CV is reviewed by the relevant consultant, for the relevant job(s), in the relevant geography.
Macildowie are a recruitment business working on behalf of a client to recruit this role. Your personal data may be forwarded to that client company as part of the application process.
If you would like information on how we will process your data please go to our website (macildowie.com) and view our fair processing notices which are located at the bottom of the page under privacy policies. Within the fair processing notice for Candidates there is guidance on how to amend your contact preferences or exercise your rights relating to personal data. We can't provide direct links as email address and website urls within our job adverts are removed by some of the websites on which we advertise.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the region's premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at macildowie.com.