At Macildowie Associates Ltd (and our parent company), we respect your personal data. This Fair Processing Notice (FPN) explains how we will use your personal data as one of our candidates.
Our contact details
We have offices in Nottingham, Milton Keynes and Leicester.
Carina House East
3 Merus Court
Our Data Protection Officer is Chris Richardson of Sapphire Consulting Ltd who can be contacted via the email address: email@example.com.
What personal data do we collect about you? How will we use that personal data?
At Macildowie, we believe that our candidates are the life blood of our business and we value each and every one of you. With that in mind, we want you to know that we take the privacy of your data very seriously. We need to collect and process your personal data in order to assist you in finding work. That’s what we’re here for.
Initially, we collected your name, email address, phone number and all data from your CV and/or our registration form. Whether you sent us this data by email, through a job site, through our own website or by phone, or you have made your CV available in the CV database of a job board, we entered it into our Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software. Sometimes we did this ourselves, sometimes we sent it through a clever piece of software which takes that data from your CV and populated our CRM for us. Either way, rest assured Macildowie and our approved processors are the only ones with access to it.
When we add your data to our CRM, you will receive an email to let you know. Within this email will be a consent form for you to complete.
We may be required to see proof of your right to work in the UK, which is normally done by taking a copy of your passport, birth certificate or other suitable document. Most of these contain information about your country of origin, which is considered “Special Category” data under GDPR. If we find you temporary work, then we have to take a copy of these documents to fulfil our legal obligations to you as your employer – please see the separate FPN for Macildowie Employees. Rest assured, we do not do anything with this information except attach a copy to your file. On rare occasions, we may be asked to send this data to a third-party company (e.g. the client you are working with).
You may provide us with some medical data if you need us to make special arrangements for an interview; this is classed as “Special Category” data. We can then make special arrangements for you. We will not share this info with any third-party companies unless you explicitly ask us to.
What is our legal basis for processing your personal data?
We need a legal basis in order to process your personal data.
We will process the following personal data with your explicit consent:
- your personal data provided when you give us your CV and contact details, and any further data you give us as we seek work for you.
- medical data to enable us to make special arrangements for interviews etc.
- marketing by email and/or SMS.
Do we use any automated decision making?
We do not use any automated decision making.
Who do we share your personal data with?
We share your data with:
- Our software providers, (e.g. our CRM provider or external assessment software.)
- Our professional advisors (e.g. legal advisors, accountants etc.).
- Our clients (but only after speaking to you about a specific role).
- Professional bodies (if we need to conduct qualification checks).
Do we transfer your personal data outside of the EU or EEA?
We do not transfer your personal data outside of the EU as a general rule. If we discuss a role with you which requires us to send your data outside the EU then we will speak to you in advance.
How long do we keep your personal data for?
We will keep your data for three years from the last meaningful contact. We define the date of “last meaningful contact” as: the date we received an updated CV from you, the date we last arranged an interview for you or the date we last spoke to you on the phone/in person.
Your rights as a data subject
The GDPR gives you rights as a data subject. You have:
- The right to request from us access to your personal data;
- The right to request from us rectification of your personal data;
- The right to request from us erasure of your personal data;
- The right to request from us restriction of processing your personal data;
- The right to object to our processing of your personal data;
- The right of data portability;
- If we are processing your personal data on the basis of your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. To do so please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. This does not affect the lawfulness of processing based on your consent before you withdrew it; and
- You have the right to complain to the ICO if we have been unable to resolve your query.
More information on your rights can be found in Chapter 3 of the General Data Protection Regulation.
For the full list of our Privacy Policies and Fair Processing Notices please click here.
Marketing ExecutivePublished 3 days ago
- Up to £25000.00 per annum
- Nottingham, Nottinghamshire
Art Director/Photography ManagerPublished 3 days ago
- Up to £45000.00 per annum
- Nottingham, Nottinghamshire
Assistant AccountantPublished 3 days ago
- £20000.00 - £25000.00 per annum