The saying goes… Find a job you enjoy and you’ll never work a day in your life…
We are successfully building a business where you’ll love coming to work, where you will make friends with colleagues and have loads of fun making a living and building a career.
So what do we do to help you to have fun…
- We have a group called F@M (Fun at Macildowie) who organise events throughout the year.
- Each team is given a “team build budget” and a “WOW budget”.
- Whatever day of the week, we all go out to celebrate quarterly bonus paydays.
- We have fun giving back to charity with red nose days, charity bake off’s and team building events.
- We run an annual summer bbq
- We have a company-wide New Year Kick Off Conference followed by an awards ceremony, meal and live music.
About our causes
This year we gave everyone the chance to nominate their favourite charity to become our “chosen Charity” at our New Year Kick off event in May. There are three short videos and presentations in the evening, followed by a vote. Each year if we hit our fundraising target, the Business matches the amount.
Our social committee F@M regularly organise events throughout the year which are not only fun for our staff but also help a good cause. The causes for this year are:
Fundraising events and activities
At Macildowie we are pleased to say that last year we raised over £3,500 for our chosen charities.
With some budding bakers we have regular themed ‘Bakeoffs’, Christmas jumper days, fuddles, sports days, sponsered runs, nights out and fancy dress competitions.