A dynamic and innovative tech company operating in the utilities sector. As a game changer in the digital energy transition, they value creativity, teamwork, and continuous growth. Employees enjoy a collaborative environment where challenges are embraced, diverse perspectives are celebrated, and professional development is prioritised.
A forward-thinking organisation that offers exciting opportunities to contribute to cutting-edge technology and make a lasting impact on the industry.
As an Assistant Accountant, you'll be an integral part of the small finance team, contributing to invoice processing, accounting system maintenance, debtor management, and financial reporting. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment and are eager to expand your finance expertise, this is the perfect opportunity for you.
- Take ownership of our invoicing process, ensuring validation, timely payment, and detailed analysis.
- Maintain the accuracy and integrity of our accounting system, supporting analytics and reporting.
- Manage expense software, processing accurate and valid claims, and ensuring correct and timely payments.
- Play a key role in debtor management, professionally chasing payments to ensure timely collection.
- Collaborate closely with the Company Accountant, Financial Controller, and Chief Financial Officer.
- Utilise Excel for various tasks, working on data manipulation, analysis, and reporting.
- Build a network of contacts within the business for decision-making and project support.
- Promote and uphold the business's values to enhance stakeholder experience.
- Proficiency in Excel, with the ability to manipulate and analyse data effectively.
- Positive attitude, adaptability, and flexibility during peak workloads.
- Comfort with challenges and changing demands, demonstrating problem-solving skills.
- Strong data manipulation and analytical capabilities.
- Desire for a long-term finance career, with potential aspirations for ACA, ACCA, or CIMA qualifications.
Please put your home postcode on your CV when applying. Our recruitment tech uses this to make sure your CV is reviewed by the relevant consultant, for the relevant job(s), in the relevant geography.
Macildowie are a recruitment business working on behalf of a client to recruit this role. Your personal data may be forwarded to that client company as part of the application process.
If you would like information on how we will process your data please go to our website (macildowie.com) and view our fair processing notices which are located at the bottom of the page under privacy policies. Within the fair processing notice for Candidates there is guidance on how to amend your contact preferences or exercise your rights relating to personal data. We can't provide direct links as email address and website urls within our job adverts are removed by some of the websites on which we advertise.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the region's premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at macildowie.com.