This Job Post is Now Closed
We recommend checking out the similar jobs or reaching out to the consultant for other opportunites.
Senior Management Accountant
Are you looking for an opportunity to contribute to a company that is dedicated to creating a sustainable future? This business goes beyond the traditional corporate model by bringing together forward-thinkers and innovators who share a common goal of eliminating waste from our world.
With a strong emphasis on respect, responsibility, and innovative thinking, this company challenges conventional practices and strives for excellence in everything it does. If you are seeking a workplace that fosters passion and empowers individuals to make a meaningful impact, joining this team will enable you to unlock your full potential.
As a Management Accountant, you will play a crucial role within the finance team, reporting directly to the Financial Controller.
Your primary responsibility will involve consolidating and delivering precise financial and management reports, supporting the company's continuous growth and development.
By bringing your positive attitude and can-do approach, you will contribute to the overall excellence that defines this organisation.
- Build strong relationships and engage with stakeholders across the business to gain a deep understanding of our operations and ensure our numbers reflect reality
- Lead and mentor a small team of management accountants and treasury personnel, providing guidance and support
- Take accountability for the production of consolidated financial results, including P&L, cash flow, and balance sheet
- Ensure successful and timely month-end close, meeting all deadlines and providing insightful commentary on major variances and trends
- Review monthly balance sheet reconciliations, identifying risks and opportunities
- Analyse customer margins and challenge significant variations
- Prepare rolling forecasts and conduct strategic and financial analysis
- Manage the year-end accounts production timetable and meet all requirements
- Drive improvements in the month-end process, implementing consistent accounting methods across the business
- Pay meticulous attention to detail and identify and rectify anomalies
- Challenge existing processes and lead continuous improvement projects
- Support and collaborate with budget holders, challenging assumptions and understanding their business areas
- Act as a key point of contact for financial queries, proactively resolving issues
- Maintain the Chart of Accounts and perform systems administration in our finance systems
- Support the Financial Controller and the finance team in achieving team objectives
What's on Offer?
- Salary in the range of £40,000-£50,000 per year
- A challenging and rewarding role in a successful and growing business
- Opportunities for professional growth through our tailored performance development program
- Enhanced holiday allowance to support work-life balance
- Employer contributory pension scheme
- A great work environment where you can thrive and make an impact
- CIMA/ACCA/ACA part qualified
- Minimum 3 year of experience in accounting (preferred)
- Ability to provide accurate and forward-thinking financial analysis
- Strong relationship building skills to provide effective finance business partner services
- Self-motivated, able to work autonomously and collaboratively
- Up-to-date knowledge of accounting processes and policies
- Excellent leadership and mentoring capabilities
- Ability to build strong relationships internally and externally, including with board-level stakeholders
- Clear communication skills, with the ability to present complex data in a user-friendly manner
- Confident, motivated, and influential
- Attention to detail and a proactive approach to problem-solving
Please put your home postcode on your CV when applying. Our recruitment tech uses this to make sure your CV is reviewed by the relevant consultant, for the relevant job(s), in the relevant geography.
Macildowie are a recruitment business working on behalf of a client to recruit this role. Your personal data may be forwarded to that client company as part of the application process.
If you would like information on how we will process your data please go to our website (macildowie.com) and view our fair processing notices which are located at the bottom of the page under privacy policies. Within the fair processing notice for Candidates there is guidance on how to amend your contact preferences or exercise your rights relating to personal data. We can't provide direct links as email address and website urls within our job adverts are removed by some of the websites on which we advertise.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the region's premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at macildowie.com.