A vibrant and forward-thinking transportation company that connects communities and enables seamless travel experiences. They offer a dynamic and inclusive environment where your skills and contributions are valued.
As the single point of contact for all finance matters, you will collaborate closely with business stakeholders, ensuring timely and high-quality outputs. Your role will involve budgeting, variance analysis, management accounting, and fostering financial control processes.
What will you be doing?
- Serve as the primary point of contact for financial matters, offering support and guidance to various business functions.
- Lead the preparation of comprehensive budgets, forecasts, and variance analysis, contributing to financial models and narratives.
- Oversee period-end management accounting tasks, including transaction integrity, variance analysis, and commentary.
- Ensure accurate balance sheet reconciliations with supporting documentation.
- Distribute management reporting, conduct financial performance reviews, and collaborate with budget owners for remedial actions.
- Take the financial lead on business cases and investment appraisals, from initiation to post-investment reviews.
- Participate actively in half-year and year-end accounting activities, supporting audits and working with Senior Finance leads.
- Develop financial reporting and analysis to support effective decision-making.
- Interface with the Shared Service Centre, addressing queries and providing financial support.
- Collaborate within the Finance team, providing cross-cover support and ensuring consistency.
What are you like?
- Strong planning skills with the ability to multitask and meet deadlines without compromising quality.
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to deliver incisive financial analysis.
- In-depth understanding of business issues
- Recognised professional accountancy qualification.
- Proficiency in financial control and governance processes implementation.
- Well-developed financial modelling and systems knowledge, along with Microsoft Office skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with relationship-building and influencing abilities.
Please put your home postcode on your CV when applying. Our recruitment tech uses this to make sure your CV is reviewed by the relevant consultant, for the relevant job(s), in the relevant geography.
Macildowie are a recruitment business working on behalf of a client to recruit this role. Your personal data may be forwarded to that client company as part of the application process.
If you would like information on how we will process your data please go to our website (macildowie.com) and view our fair processing notices which are located at the bottom of the page under privacy policies. Within the fair processing notice for Candidates there is guidance on how to amend your contact preferences or exercise your rights relating to personal data. We can't provide direct links as email address and website urls within our job adverts are removed by some of the websites on which we advertise.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the region's premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at macildowie.com.