This Job Post is Now Closed
We recommend checking out the similar jobs or reaching out to the consultant for other opportunites.
Senior Payroll Officer
Senior Payroll Officer
Location: Mansfield, Nottinghamshire
Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Working Hours: 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday, 8.30am - 5.30pm
Salary: £28,000 - £30,000 per annum (depending on experience)
Are you a seasoned Payroll professional with a passion for accuracy and a strong understanding of payroll systems? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment and have a knack for problem solving? If so, we have a great opportunity for a Senior Payroll Officer at a company based in the Mansfield area.
Role and Responsibilities:
As a Senior Payroll Officer, you will be responsible for overseeing and managing payroll processes to ensure accurate and timely payment for valued employees. Your key responsibilities will include:
- Managing end-to-end payroll operations, from data collection to processing and distribution
- Utilising payroll systems, including iTrent (training provided if needed), to maintain accurate employee records and manage payroll transactions
- Collaborating with HR and Finance teams to resolve payroll discrepancies and address employee inquiries
- Ensuring compliance with relevant payroll regulations and legal requirements
- Mentoring and supporting junior members of the payroll team, if applicable
Qualifications and Skills:
To excel in this role, you will need:
- Proven experience in payroll management, with a deep understanding of payroll systems and processes
- Familiarity with iTrent or other payroll software (experience with iTrent is a plus, but not mandatory; training will be provided)
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail, ensuring accurate calculations and data entry
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams
- Problem-solving abilities to address complex payroll-related issues
- High level of integrity when dealing with sensitive employee information
- Competitive salary ranging from £28,000 to £30,000 per annum, commensurate with experience
- Full-time, permanent position with consistent hours (Monday to Friday, 8.30am - 5.30pm)
- Opportunity to work in a modern, impressive office space with free on-site parking
- Chance to contribute to a dynamic retail company's growth and success
- Ongoing professional development and training opportunities
- Access to on-site gym for £10 per month
Please put your home postcode on your CV when applying. Our recruitment tech uses this to make sure your CV is reviewed by the relevant consultant, for the relevant job(s), in the relevant geography.
Macildowie are a recruitment business working on behalf of a client to recruit this role. Your personal data may be forwarded to that client company as part of the application process.
If you would like information on how we will process your data please go to our website (macildowie.com) and view our fair processing notices which are located at the bottom of the page under privacy policies. Within the fair processing notice for Candidates there is guidance on how to amend your contact preferences or exercise your rights relating to personal data. We can't provide direct links as email address and website urls within our job adverts are removed by some of the websites on which we advertise.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the region's premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at macildowie.com.
- Senior Payroll Officer Payroll Supervisor