This Job Post is Now Closed
We recommend checking out the similar jobs or reaching out to the consultant for other opportunites.
Financial (Site) Controller
Financial Controller | Manufacturing | Alfreton | £50,000 - £60,000
Macildowie Finance is currently working on a position offering the opportunity to work for a leading business, based in Alfreton, the company is well established and has operations all over the world, although has recently gone through some ownership changes, so the need to boost the local finance team has arisen.
You will Business Partner for Operations and Management with a comprehensive understanding of the Business and its processes. Key controller of finances, & financial reporting, providing in depth analysis of site performance with specific focus on analysis of material variances & labour variances, cost control, efficiency & margin checks.
Manufacturing accounting, stock, BOM and standard costings are all things you will have come across before.
So what is the job?
· Analyse financial/operational results and data to provide support to the Senior Financial controller and to support the business
· Operational KPI production, provide the data and analysis to the wider business
· Collect and interpret internal data and information to give better insight in to performance
· Contribute to development, implementation and use of effective systems & procedures for financial & operational management
· Run the month end process for the factory, looking in to accruals, prepayments, production of month end close, commentary on results and margins.
· Analyse standard cost methodology to ensure correct manufacturing vs purchasing decisions
· Build close relationships and business partner with internal and external stakeholders based across Europe, external auditors and regulatory bodies
What are you like?
- Experience within a complex manufacturing environment, Bill of Materials (BOM) and Standard Costings
- CIMA/ACCA Qualified or QBE with all the above experience.
- Good interpersonal communication skills, such as written, oral and persuasive communication abilities
- Characteristics of thoroughness, self-motivation, persistence, resilience and dedication to deadlines
- Good maths and computer skills especially MS Excel and SAP is essential.
- Analytical and logical problem solving skills
- Good attention to detail
- An ability to explain complex financial information in a clear way to non-finance people
- Able to work within a small team with a close relationship to senior staff
- Tenacious - someone wanting to grow within a business and add value
If you want to join a successful small business with potential to grow then give Tom a call today, lets start the conversation and tell you more about this great job. 07973833069
Please put your home postcode on your CV when applying. Our recruitment tech uses this to make sure your CV is reviewed by the relevant consultant, for the relevant job(s), in the relevant geography.
Macildowie are a recruitment business working on behalf of a client to recruit this role. Your personal data may be forwarded to that client company as part of the application process.
If you would like information on how we will process your data please go to our website (macildowie.com) and view our fair processing notices which are located at the bottom of the page under privacy policies. Within the fair processing notice for Candidates there is guidance on how to amend your contact preferences or exercise your rights relating to personal data. We can't provide direct links as email address and website urls within our job adverts are removed by some of the websites on which we advertise.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the region's premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at macildowie.com.