Semi-Senior Accountant | Leicester | £30,000-£35,000 DOE | Full time
Are you looking to take the next step in your Accountancy Career?
Do you have the technical proficiency and drive to make this role your own?
Are you seeking a new, exciting and varied role within a modern and expanding practice, based in Leicester?
The successful candidate for this role would be someone who is AAT Qualified, or ACCA or ACA part-qualified and looking to progress onto these qualifications. A minimum of 3 years' UK Accountancy Practice experience is required. Strong experience of Accounts preparation is essential and good experience with cloud-based accounting software such as Xero and QuickBooks is also desired.
The role's responsibilities:
- Preparation of statutory accounts for Sole Traders, Partnerships and Limited Companies.
- Preparation of Corporation Tax computations.
- Preparation of Personal Tax returns.
- Explaining Tax liabilities and Tax Planning opportunities for clients - previous experience desirable but not essential.
- Managing a varied portfolio of clients and maintaining excellent working relationships.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in UK Accountancy Practice.
- AAT Qualified and willing to progress to become ACCA or ACA qualified.
- Experience with cloud-based accounting software such as Xero and/or QuickBooks.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
What's On Offer:
The client offers a fantastic base salary with real, obtainable progression possible. Additional benefits include generous annual leave, Private Medical Care, free on-site parking, one of the best working environments with happy, supportive and talented team members.
Please put your home postcode on your CV when applying. Our recruitment tech uses this to make sure your CV is reviewed by the relevant consultant, for the relevant job(s), in the relevant geography.
Macildowie are a recruitment business working on behalf of a client to recruit this role. Your personal data may be forwarded to that client company as part of the application process.
If you would like information on how we will process your data please go to our website (macildowie.com) and view our fair processing notices which are located at the bottom of the page under privacy policies. Within the fair processing notice for Candidates there is guidance on how to amend your contact preferences or exercise your rights relating to personal data. We can't provide direct links as email address and website urls within our job adverts are removed by some of the websites on which we advertise.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the region's premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at macildowie.com.