This Job Post is Now Closed
We recommend checking out the similar jobs or reaching out to the consultant for other opportunites.
Accounts Assistant (Cashbook & Treasury)
Position: Accounts Assistant (Cashbook & Treasury)
Location: Rugby, Warwickshire (Hybrid working)
Salary: £27,000 per annum
Term: Full-Time, Permanent
Hybrid working: up to 2 days per week
Macildowie are pleased to be partnered with a trailblazing client in their respective industry, who are on the lookout for a reliable Accounts Assistant specialising in the Cashbook and Treasury department. You will be responsible for allocation of cash in the company's main bank accounts and joint venture bank accounts. You will also deal with travel/purchase card support, and the weekly/monthly payment runs.
This role is open to candidates who are either looking for a role to see them out for the rest of their career, or an Accounts professional who is looking to develop and progress internally within the company.
What we need from you:
- Experience in a similar Cashbook/Treasury role, and/or undertaking some of the responsibilities listed below
- Good Excel skills (intermediate level onwards)
- Accurate and confident dealing with figures
- Accounting qualifications beneficial but not essential
- Download bank statements for cash allocation and cashbook reporting on a daily basis
- Bank account reconciliations
- Manage the opening of bank accounts and bank relationships with client relationship managers
- Prepare purchase ledger payment runs on a weekly basis, checking for any issues before sending out for approval
- Investigate any unallocated cash and deal with in a timely manner
- Ensuring any outstanding purchase card spend is kept to a minimum by chasing employees who have not submitted their claims
- Preparation of monthly journals for fuel, purchasing cards etc.
- Posting interest on the bank accounts to individual business units
- Process and administration of external purchasing systems: e.g. fuel, travel, purchase cards etc.
- Raising sales ledger invoices on a monthly basis
- Banking any cheques received to head office
- Assist in keeping the direct debits up to date and send to the business on a quarterly basis
- Assist in yearly audits - answering any allocation-related questions necessary
Please apply now with your C.V. so you can be considered for this varied position in a stable and progressive company.
Please put your home postcode on your CV when applying. Our recruitment tech uses this to make sure your CV is reviewed by the relevant consultant, for the relevant job(s), in the relevant geography.
Macildowie are a recruitment business working on behalf of a client to recruit this role. Your personal data may be forwarded to that client company as part of the application process.
If you would like information on how we will process your data please go to our website (macildowie.com) and view our fair processing notices which are located at the bottom of the page under privacy policies. Within the fair processing notice for Candidates there is guidance on how to amend your contact preferences or exercise your rights relating to personal data. We can't provide direct links as email address and website urls within our job adverts are removed by some of the websites on which we advertise.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the region's premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at macildowie.com.