This Job Post is Now Closed
We recommend checking out the similar jobs or reaching out to the consultant for other opportunites.
Accounts Assistant/ Thorpe Astley/ Temp to Perm / Up To £13ph/ Office Based
Are you immediately available and looking for a challenge?
Macildowie are excited to be recruiting for a motivated, dedicated and experienced Accounts Assistant to join a successful and forward-thinking business based in Thorpe Astley. Being the United Kingdom's biggest franchisee within their field and a reputation for excellence. This isn't an opportunity you want to miss!
You will be part of a team responsible for Purchase Ledger and Cashbooks for a number of locations, supporting over 50 sites across the UK, liaising and communicating with General Managers and other support teams by phone and email to ensure invoices, supplier payments, age creditors and bank reconciliations are completed efficiently.
Reporting into a smart, determined and fun manager as well as working within a team that laugh, smile and have fun. But most importantly are proud of the quality of work they produce. If you are somebody with that similar mentality then you will do well here.
This is a brilliant opportunity for someone who can come in and pick things up quickly or graduates looking for a great place to learn.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Maintaining good contact with business manager and staff and to answer their queries and requests
- Liaise with suppliers and different sites to resolve invoice and banking queries
- Support the Transactional Accounting Team Leader and provide cover for holidays and absences where required
- Maintain cash books , receipts and payments from appropriate records
- Complete bank reconciliations each month Daily cash and bank reconciliations
- Daily reporting of revenue
- Processing of supplier invoices
- Completion of monthly purchase ledger payment runs, supplier statement reconciliations and age creditor reconciliations
To be successful in this role you will have/be:
- Experience in a busy accounting team
- Well-articulated and computer literate
- Possess a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Methodical and organised
- A professional approach
- The ability to manage your activities and prioritise your work load
- Work well as part of a team and on your own as required
If you are interested in this role please upload a copy of your up to date CV and we will be in touch to tell you more about the role.
I look forward to hearing from you!
Please put your home postcode on your CV when applying. Our recruitment tech uses this to make sure your CV is reviewed by the relevant consultant, for the relevant job(s), in the relevant geography.
Macildowie are a recruitment business working on behalf of a client to recruit this role. Your personal data may be forwarded to that client company as part of the application process.
If you would like information on how we will process your data please go to our website (macildowie.com) and view our fair processing notices which are located at the bottom of the page under privacy policies. Within the fair processing notice for Candidates there is guidance on how to amend your contact preferences or exercise your rights relating to personal data. We can't provide direct links as email address and website urls within our job adverts are removed by some of the websites on which we advertise.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the region's premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at macildowie.com.
- purchase ledger
- accounts assistant