This Job Post is Now Closed
We recommend checking out the similar jobs or reaching out to the consultant for other opportunites.
Payroll Coordinator | Leicester | Full Time | Temp to Perm | Salary £15-18ph
Are you a proficient 'hands on' Payroll expert' with proven experience in managing and executing payroll in a busy environment?
About the Role:
In this role you will be accountable for the processing of all monthly Payrolls, ensuring that all employees are paid accurately and on time, complying with all statutory returns and payment deadlines. You will also be responsible for the Company's adherence to HMRC obligations and will ensure full compliance.
- Salary £15 -18ph
- Full time 37.5 hours
- Hybrid working 2 days from Home
- Temporary to permanent opportunity
- Ensure the accurate processing of wages, salaries and other forms of compensation across your allocated payroll site.
- Ensuring that queries are answered on a timely basis
- Ensuring that all amendments are processed and posted directly to the payroll system prior to the payroll deadline
- Reviewing errors, exceptions and elements reports and reconciling to final payroll
- Ensure that the BACS report, payroll summary and final analysis are reconciled and authorised
- Update the absence management system for family leave & calculate family leave pay accurately
- Validate P45s from joiners and enter on payroll system to allow accurate FPS submissions to HMRC
- Create P45s for leavers and distribute accordingly
- Assist in the preparation and issuing of P60's to employees and provide details to the Inland Revenue by the required deadline
- Assist in the preparation of P11d's and ensure that copies are distributed to employees and submitted to the Inland Revenue by the required deadlines
- Display and encourage a proactive, problem solving and can-do attitude both with internal and external customers
- Ensure a consistent quality of payroll services to customers adhering to high internal standards and minimum quality issues
- Preparation of monthly payroll
- Administering the pension scheme, ensuring it's kept up to date at all times
- Day to day control of client's accounts, ensuring complete and accurate processing of payrolls
- Regular review of pension arrangements, student loans, SMP, SPP, SSP and other key elements of the payroll
- Review data feeds from the clocking in system ensuring fixed data changes are made in the payroll system and data remains consistent
- Assisting the HR team when required
- Taking calls regarding payroll queries and distribute/resolve
- Ensure integrity of confidential name detail information
Your key qualifications and experience:
- Previous experience of payroll administration required
- Excellent Customer Service Skills - experience working with and providing a service to internal and external customers; strong verbal communications skills are essential; ability to work to tight deadlines to meet customer requirements; a proactive approach to resolving customer problems and queries
- Accountancy Skills - GCSE Maths at grade C or above or equivalent e.g. Numeracy at Level 2; Demonstrates the capacity to learn required accountancy skills during training.
- Strong Administration Skills
- Strong IT Skills - Confident user of Microsoft packages, including word, outlook PowerPoint. Strong excel skills is essential (V-look ups and Pivot tables)
- Previous experience of Payroll systems and packages required / Experience of iTrent/Crown/Workday/MoorePay would be advantageous
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of MS Excel
- Intermediate excel including VLOOKUP's and Pivot Tables
- Ability to work accurately to set deadlines
- Work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to get stuck in and be pro-active
- High level of accuracy
- Basic knowledge of HR would be an advantage.
If you want to join this first class business and take that next step in your career then apply ASAP to avoid missing out!
Please put your home postcode on your CV when applying. Our recruitment tech uses this to make sure your CV is reviewed by the relevant consultant, for the relevant job(s), in the relevant geography.
Macildowie are a recruitment business working on behalf of a client to recruit this role. Your personal data may be forwarded to that client company as part of the application process.
If you would like information on how we will process your data please go to our website (macildowie.com) and view our fair processing notices which are located at the bottom of the page under privacy policies. Within the fair processing notice for Candidates there is guidance on how to amend your contact preferences or exercise your rights relating to personal data. We can't provide direct links as email address and website urls within our job adverts are removed by some of the websites on which we advertise.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the region's premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at macildowie.com.
- Payroll coordinator
- payroll admin
- payroll assistant