This Job Post is Now Closed
We recommend checking out the similar jobs or reaching out to the consultant for other opportunites.
We are currently seeking a proactive and detail-oriented Accounts Assistant to join a great business based in NG12, Nottinghamshire. Reporting directly to the Head of Finance, you will play a pivotal role in ensuring the smooth operation of financial processes within the organisation.
Job Title: Accounts Assistant
Location: Nottinghamshire, NG12
Salary: £23,000 - £27,500 depending on experience
Working Hours: 30 - 37.5hrs Full Time in Office (full time working hours are 8am - 4pm, open to flex for reduced hours role).
- Provide detailed reporting on aged debt with insightful commentary and take proactive actions to resolve and reduce outstanding debt.
- Manage the monthly invoicing processes for all homes within the organisation.
- Perform daily cash allocation
- Conduct monthly sales/invoicing reconciliations and assist with bank reconciliations, ensuring timely resolution of discrepancies.
- Process accounts payable invoices through AP software.
- Set up and process supplier payment runs, sending remittances to suppliers.
- Perform supplier statement reconciliations.
- Handle the processing of credit card expenses.
- Assist with payroll processing, including reconciling and journals.
- Support month-end tasks and contribute to year-end audit processes.
- Undertake other administrative tasks to support the wider head office team.
- Demonstrate a proactive approach to problem solving.
- Possess excellent communication skills to effectively interact with team members and stakeholders.
- Maintain a positive and can-do attitude in a dynamic work environment.
- Previous experience using Xero is highly desirable.
If you are a detail-oriented individual with a passion for finance and a desire to contribute to a collaborative team, we invite you to apply. Join us in this exciting opportunity to grow your career in a dynamic and supportive work environment.
To apply, please submit your CV and a cover letter outlining your relevant experience using the application link
Please put your home postcode on your CV when applying. Our recruitment tech uses this to make sure your CV is reviewed by the relevant consultant, for the relevant job(s), in the relevant geography.
Macildowie are a recruitment business working on behalf of a client to recruit this role. Your personal data may be forwarded to that client company as part of the application process.
If you would like information on how we will process your data please go to our website (macildowie.com) and view our fair processing notices which are located at the bottom of the page under privacy policies. Within the fair processing notice for Candidates there is guidance on how to amend your contact preferences or exercise your rights relating to personal data. We can't provide direct links as email address and website urls within our job adverts are removed by some of the websites on which we advertise.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the region's premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at macildowie.com.
- Finance Assistant
- accounts assistant