This Job Post is Now Closed
We recommend checking out the similar jobs or reaching out to the consultant for other opportunites.
Senior Credit Controller
Job Title: Senior Credit Controller
Salary: Up to £40,000 per year - With up to a 10% performance bonus available
Type: Permanent - Full Time
Working Hours: 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM - Monday to Friday - 1 hour lunch
Do you have a passion for credit control? Do you pride yourself on building and maintaining relationships, negotiating with customers, whilst ensuring low records of overdue debt? If so, keep reading! We're partnering with a leading company in the manufacturing sector, and they're on the lookout for a dedicated and proactive Senior Credit Controller. They have a fantastic office culture and champion hard work and dedication.
- 26 Days Holiday plus bank holidays
- Hybrid working hours available
- Competitive pension contribution
- 10% performance bonus available - Company and Individual performance
As a Senior Credit Controller, you will primarily have a hands on approach, leading from the front, whilst overseeing a team of two credit controllers. Your role will encompass the following:
- Lead and guide a team of 2 UK Credit Controllers, providing necessary support.
- Conduct annual appraisals and set improvement objectives.
Sales Ledger Management:
- Oversee daily operations of the ledger, conducting regular credit reviews.
- Drive collections, handle disputes, and manage cash receipt allocation.
- Prepare month-end reports and associated provisions.
Cash Flow Oversight:
- Take charge of cash receipt forecasts for UK subsidiaries.
- Prepare forecasts and provide summaries to the Credit Manager.
- Escalate debts to third-party collectors after completing the dunning process.
- Monitor collection progress and maintain legal compliance.
- Ensure smooth department operations and minimise aged debt for UK subsidiaries.
- Achieve on-time payments to meet target days.
- Manage credit risk through insurance and report doubtful debts to the Credit Manager.
Cash Allocation and Forecasting:
- Accurately post cash receipts and forecast weekly receipts for the UK subsidiary.
- Prior experience as a Senior Credit Control/Credit Control Supervisor.
- Worked in multi-site, multi-currency organisations.
- Proficient in AR month-end reports and monthly provisions.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Strong communication skills across all levels.
- Experience within a manufacturing environment is highly advantageous.
- Familiarity with recognised ERP systems.
If you want to join first class business and take that next step in your career then apply ASAP to avoid missing out!
Please put your home postcode on your CV when applying. Our recruitment tech uses this to make sure your CV is reviewed by the relevant consultant, for the relevant job(s), in the relevant geography.
Macildowie are a recruitment business working on behalf of a client to recruit this role. Your personal data may be forwarded to that client company as part of the application process.
If you would like information on how we will process your data please go to our website (macildowie.com) and view our fair processing notices which are located at the bottom of the page under privacy policies. Within the fair processing notice for Candidates there is guidance on how to amend your contact preferences or exercise your rights relating to personal data. We can't provide direct links as email address and website urls within our job adverts are removed by some of the websites on which we advertise.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the region's premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at macildowie.com.