This Job Post is Now Closed
We recommend checking out the similar jobs or reaching out to the consultant for other opportunites.
Role: Procurement Manager
Salary: £55,000 - £60,000
Job: Permanent (Hybrid working role)
Our client is an internationally trusted manufacturer and distributor of innovative fitted products, accessories, hardware, and ironmongery. Being a global market leader situated across 150 countries, with a growing turnover in excess of €2bn.
As Procurement Manager you will be responsible for ensuring that purchasing terms and conditions align with the company's market position and contribute to its competitive advantage. This role involves managing the procurement team, overseeing tactical procurement activities, and driving cost savings while maintaining product quality and service levels. The Procurement Manager also plays a crucial role in developing and implementing the company's procurement strategy to ensure optimum purchasing terms & conditions, working with suppliers on reducing input costs, collaborating with the Category and Inventory teams, and ensuring compliance with legislative and company requirements.
Working collaboratively with our Category and Inventory teams in the UK, and Procurement teams worldwide.
- Sourcing activity
- Tendering existing business
- Negotiation of pricing, payment terms and rebates with suppliers
- CSR & supplier risk management
- Supplier relationship and performance management
- On-boarding of new suppliers
What you'll need to succeed:
To be successful in this position you will ideally have the below skillset:
- Motivational leader
- Ability to be self-motivated and work co-operatively as part of a team.
- Strong negotiator, able to influence with demonstrable ability to add value.
- Excellent analytical, numerical and planning skills
- Competitive, results driven character.
- Commercially focussed.
- Demonstrable experience of communicating at various levels & across geographies
- Experience of Far East sourcing and supplier management
- Able to recognise opportunities/challenges & suggest relevant & necessary actions.
- Experience of continuous improvement initiatives, such as Lean or Six Sigma
- CIPS Qualified
What you'll get in return:
- Competitive Salary up to £60k depending on experience.
- Bonus Scheme
- Company pension
- Hybrid Working - 3 days Office, with flexible office days
- Life Insurance
- Holiday of 31 days, increasing to 36 days total with our length of service programme, inclusive of bank holidays
- Healthcare Cashplan scheme: access to money back on dental, optical, consultation, therapy treatments, wellbeing treatments, hospital treatment insurance, Employee Assistance Programme
- Extras including: Company events, Cycle to work scheme, Employee discount, On-site parking, Referral programme, Wellness programme
If you are looking to get your hands dirty with this new exciting challenging Strategic Procurement role, managing a team while sourcing globally and improving the total ownership of the Procurement & Supply Chain function throughout, please apply now and I will be in touch!
Please put your home postcode on your CV when applying. Our recruitment tech uses this to make sure your CV is reviewed by the relevant consultant, for the relevant job(s), in the relevant geography.
Macildowie are a recruitment business working on behalf of a client to recruit this role. Your personal data may be forwarded to that client company as part of the application process.
If you would like information on how we will process your data please go to our website (macildowie.com) and view our fair processing notices which are located at the bottom of the page under privacy policies. Within the fair processing notice for Candidates there is guidance on how to amend your contact preferences or exercise your rights relating to personal data. We can't provide direct links as email address and website urls within our job adverts are removed by some of the websites on which we advertise.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the region's premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at macildowie.com.