This Job Post is Now Closed
We recommend checking out the similar jobs or reaching out to the consultant for other opportunites.
Head of Procurement
We are proud to be recruiting for our client, based in Thurmaston, Leicestershire, looking for a Head of Procurement to lead their team and contribute to their Senior Leadership team. This role would a key position within this business and you would get an amazing opportunity to help direct the company.
The role is looking for someone with good management experience, as you would have a small team to lead and mentor, while you would need the balance to work strategically in your approach, yet operationally in your delivery.
The ideal background would be someone coming from, or has been at, an SME or mid-sized firm as to understand the nuances that SME's face in the market today. You would also have experience dealing with high-volume, low cost items within a Finished Goods environment, in addition to dealing with the inventory aspects of this would be advantageous too. Experience with the Far East would be another advantageous aspect to your background.
The role would be looking to pay between £55,000-£62,000, with hybrid working being implemented and bonus scheme.
- Creating, implementing and managing strategy for Purchasing team and annual budget
- Ensuring sufficient inventory to meet customer demand while making best use of current working capital
- Improve and implement new processes where suitable
- Manage team, providing support, direction and mentorship
- Develop and own departmental key KPI's
- Negotiate with key stakeholders, focusing not just on cost but overall relationship, terms and commercial aspects
- Managing stock and working capital
- Work closely with internal and stakeholders in whatever capacity is required for the best relationship
- Previous/Current experience within a Managerial position in Procurement
- Experience dealing with high volume, low cost products within Finished Goods
- Proven experience in building stakeholder relationships with internal/external stakeholders
- Strong ability to lead and develop individuals
- Strong negotiation skills
- Excellent commercial mindset
- Strategic in approach, but operational in delivery
- Organised and efficient
- CIPS qualified or working towards desirable but not essential
- Head of Procurement
- Team of 5+
- Thurmaston based, hybrid working (3/2 split)
- £55,000-£62,000 per annum
- High volume, Low Cost Finished Goods
If you are interested, apply with your latest CV now!
Please put your home postcode on your CV when applying. Our recruitment tech uses this to make sure your CV is reviewed by the relevant consultant, for the relevant job(s), in the relevant geography.
Macildowie are a recruitment business working on behalf of a client to recruit this role. Your personal data may be forwarded to that client company as part of the application process.
If you would like information on how we will process your data please go to our website (macildowie.com) and view our fair processing notices which are located at the bottom of the page under privacy policies. Within the fair processing notice for Candidates there is guidance on how to amend your contact preferences or exercise your rights relating to personal data. We can't provide direct links as email address and website urls within our job adverts are removed by some of the websites on which we advertise.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the region's premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at macildowie.com.