This Job Post is Now Closed
We recommend checking out the similar jobs or reaching out to the consultant for other opportunites.
We are happy to be recruiting for a Buyer for our client who is proud to be one of the largest and most well respected manufacturers and distributors of equipment to the UK and Europe for over 50 years. The role would be joining at a time where the team is looking to add some extra firepower and continue their positive momentum!
Based in Shepshed, the role would be looking for a Procurement individual, with a strong understanding of procurement activities and experience dealing with suppliers and negotiation of costs. The ideal individual would also have Far East/Asia sourcing experience, as the majority of items will be sourced from there, so experience maintaining and developing relationships in this area will be essential.
You would also bring with you an understanding of New Product Introduction, where you would be responsible for leading meetings on the new product lines and how these can be implemented.
Additionally, any experience dealing with a wider variety of SKU's and product lines at any time will be beneficial, although not essential, as this will help you get up to speed much quicker!
The role is based onsite, and has flexibility around the hours of 8-4.30pm or 9-5.30pm!
We are looking to offer a starting salary of between £30,000-£38,000 per annum.
- Plan and coordinate with key stakeholders and hit all KPI's throughout the NPD process.
- Negotiate all key commercial terms, including but not exclusively prices, rebates, payment terms, timescales and additional criteria.
- Sourcing new factories for existing and new product categories.
- Competitor analysis and presentation to help aid informed buying decisions.
- Maintain existing relationships and develop new relationships with suppliers and stakeholders, via email, phone, video and face to face meetings.
- Fully responsible for stock replenishment on selected products - ensuring at all times that it meets the company's requirements.
- Support the business with none stock purchase requisitions and none stock projects as required.
- Filing, administration, expediting, freight forwarding, checking and sending acknowledgements/order confirmations, order placing, answering queries and enquires.
- Maintain company computer system in line with purchasing needs to ensure accurate and latest data is available for the required departments.
- 2+ Years experience from purchasing background
- Far East/Asia Sourcing experience highly advantageous
- Self-starter by nature
- NPI experience required
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels
- Experience dealing with large number of SKU's and product lines desirable but not essential
- IT proficient
- Shepshed, onsite 5x week
- 8-4.30pm or 9-5.30pm Mon-Fri
- £30,000-£38,000 per annum
If this role sounds like your next step, apply with your latest CV now!
Please put your home postcode on your CV when applying. Our recruitment tech uses this to make sure your CV is reviewed by the relevant consultant, for the relevant job(s), in the relevant geography.
Macildowie are a recruitment business working on behalf of a client to recruit this role. Your personal data may be forwarded to that client company as part of the application process.
If you would like information on how we will process your data please go to our website (macildowie.com) and view our fair processing notices which are located at the bottom of the page under privacy policies. Within the fair processing notice for Candidates there is guidance on how to amend your contact preferences or exercise your rights relating to personal data. We can't provide direct links as email address and website urls within our job adverts are removed by some of the websites on which we advertise.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the region's premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at macildowie.com.