This Job Post is Now Closed
We recommend checking out the similar jobs or reaching out to the consultant for other opportunites.
We are proud to be recruiting a Buyer role for our client who is introducing this new position to help consolidate it's positive momentum and become a more efficient outfit. You will be solely responsible for all of the procurement and would be joining as the company is looking to expand into another avenue too!
Based in Leicester, you would be responsible for both direct and indirect spend alike, so you would need to be comfortable developing relationships with suppliers, negotiating the best cost, terms and rebates and help develop the function further.
You would be a hard-working and autonomously driven individual, with the commercial acumen to succeed. Your position would grow along with the company and so the more you put in, the more you can get out!
- Create and develop relationships with suppliers/stakeholders
- Solely responsible for negotiation of terms and conditions on contracts, deliveries, prices and quality
- Develop purchasing and sourcing strategies
- Work closely with project teams and subcontractors to aid projects
- Sole responsibility of all direct and indirect spend
- Support contract review from customer base
- Raise PO's and invoices as required
- 3+ years in a similar purchasing role
- Experience with fleet/gas/insurance desirable
- Hard-working and able to work autonomously
- IT Proficient
- Degree or CIPS qualified
- Strong commercial acumen and strong negotiation skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Onsite based
- 38 hours
- 22 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Private Health insurance
If this sounds like the next role for you, then please apply with your latest CV!
Please put your home postcode on your CV when applying. Our recruitment tech uses this to make sure your CV is reviewed by the relevant consultant, for the relevant job(s), in the relevant geography.
Macildowie are a recruitment business working on behalf of a client to recruit this role. Your personal data may be forwarded to that client company as part of the application process.
If you would like information on how we will process your data please go to our website (macildowie.com) and view our fair processing notices which are located at the bottom of the page under privacy policies. Within the fair processing notice for Candidates there is guidance on how to amend your contact preferences or exercise your rights relating to personal data. We can't provide direct links as email address and website urls within our job adverts are removed by some of the websites on which we advertise.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the region's premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at macildowie.com.