This Job Post is Now Closed
We recommend checking out the similar jobs or reaching out to the consultant for other opportunites.
This Buyer role will be a commercially focused role, where you will get the opportunity to negotiate for the best prices, build strong relationships and source for the best quality! The company you will be working for are a strong UK player within Building Materials and this role would be joining a growing team, providing an exciting opportunity!
Based in Rugby, with hybrid working, the Buyer will be responsible for negotiating prices, terms, rebates and other commercial aspects and so you would have a strong background in the Procurement fundamentals. You will be able to create, maintain and evolve relationships with suppliers, allowing for long-lasting relationships that are mutually beneficial. Although industry experience is not essential, an understanding of the industry is advantageous.
As part of your remit is dealing with the commercial aspects of Procurement, you will need to be able to hold your own and be confident as part of your negotiations, allowing everyone to come away from meetings as a winner.
- Tendering for existing/new business and suppliers
- Negotiation of prices/terms/rebates with internal/external stakeholders
- Build and develop relationships with key stakeholders, creating long-lasting relationships
- On-boarding of new suppliers and being point-of-contact to help with issues/queries
- Be up-to-date with internal compliance regarding company and products
- Ad-hoc reporting to management as required
You will bring:
- Experience negotiating prices/terms/rebates/commercial terms
- Commercial mindset, driving negotiations and being able to lead
- Demonstrable experience of creating and developing relationships
- Passion for creating results, adapting to situations and problem solving where required
- CIPS qualified advantageous, not essential
- Able to show you can communicate at all levels effectively
- £35,000-£40,000 doe
- Rugby, hybrid working (3 office/ 2 home)
- 23 Days + 8 Bank Hols
- Benefits package
If this role sounds of interest, then please apply with your latest CV as soon as possible!
Please put your home postcode on your CV when applying. Our recruitment tech uses this to make sure your CV is reviewed by the relevant consultant, for the relevant job(s), in the relevant geography.
Macildowie are a recruitment business working on behalf of a client to recruit this role. Your personal data may be forwarded to that client company as part of the application process.
If you would like information on how we will process your data please go to our website (macildowie.com) and view our fair processing notices which are located at the bottom of the page under privacy policies. Within the fair processing notice for Candidates there is guidance on how to amend your contact preferences or exercise your rights relating to personal data. We can't provide direct links as email address and website urls within our job adverts are removed by some of the websites on which we advertise.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the region's premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at macildowie.com.