This Job Post is Now Closed
We recommend checking out the similar jobs or reaching out to the consultant for other opportunites.
Senior Inventory Planner
We are proud to be recruiting for a Senior Inventory Planner for our client who is a growing SME based in North Leicester. They are looking for extra support to balance purchasing and inventory within their team and this offers an excellent opportunity to grow yourself too!
Based in Thurmaston, the role would be responsible for purchasing the inventory within a high volume, low cost environment and managing the inventory once purchased. You would have a team of 3 under your supervision, so the ability to mentor and develop your team would be highly beneficial.
The ideal candidate, in addition to the management experience, would have a good purchasing background, with a solid understanding of purchasing processes and ability to communicate well with suppliers.
The role would be site based for the initial period, before working from home upto 2 days per week and we are looking at a starting salary of £30,000-£35,000 depending on experience.
- Forecasting and stock management for the Company product range to ensure Company stock objectives are met - OTIF, stock days, working capital
- Set up and maintain stock management policies.
- Manage, mentor and motivate the Inventory management Team
- Expediting orders with suppliers and communicating changes to internal departments
- Review slow moving/excess/obsolete stock and identify products for clearance
- Placing purchase orders with suppliers
- Ensure PO dates are accurate on the Sage X3 system
- Manage container deliveries in line with warehouse capacity
- Previous purchasing experience
- Used to working in a similar fast-paced environment
- Understanding of Inventory Optimisation Software advantageous
- Experience managing individuals or a team desirable
- Highly analytical and organised
- Strong oral and written communication
If this is of interest, then please apply with your latest CV!
Please put your home postcode on your CV when applying. Our recruitment tech uses this to make sure your CV is reviewed by the relevant consultant, for the relevant job(s), in the relevant geography.
Macildowie are a recruitment business working on behalf of a client to recruit this role. Your personal data may be forwarded to that client company as part of the application process.
If you would like information on how we will process your data please go to our website (macildowie.com) and view our fair processing notices which are located at the bottom of the page under privacy policies. Within the fair processing notice for Candidates there is guidance on how to amend your contact preferences or exercise your rights relating to personal data. We can't provide direct links as email address and website urls within our job adverts are removed by some of the websites on which we advertise.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the region's premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at macildowie.com.