This Job Post is Now Closed
We recommend checking out the similar jobs or reaching out to the consultant for other opportunites.
ROLE: Finance Manager
SALARY: £46,549 to £48,587 PER ANNUM + HYBRID & FLEXIBLE WORKING, LGPS
LOCATION: EAST ANGLIA
JOB TYPE: PERMANENT JOBS
SECTOR: PUBLIC SECTOR & NOT FOR PROFIT
Macildowie's Public Sector team are delighted to be working in partnership with a local authority based in East Anglia in order to appoint a Finance Manager who will become a member of the Finance Management Team.
The role offers a brilliant salary and benefits package, including the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS) as well as flexible/hybrid working.
The role entails supporting the Head of Finance in provision of a comprehensive range of financial services to the Council and connected entities along with deputising as required. The successful candidate would be someone who could lead and initiate change while providing a quality customer focused service.
The Roles and Responsibilities:
- To help develop, coordinate, implement and review the annual Operational Plan for the Service.
- To identify, research and promote new and innovative opportunities to develop the service for the future including alternative methods of service delivery, external funding and partnership working.
- To manage and supervise employees in accordance with Human Resources policies and procedures including planning, co-ordinating, managing and monitoring staff workloads.
- Developing corporate strategies and guidance, co-ordinating financial activity and strategic financial planning.
- To be responsible and accountable for the section budgets including monitoring and reporting and the preparation of estimates.
- Formulating and developing policies that affect external stakeholders.
- Promote and develop the use of corporate financial, procurement and management information.
- Act as strategic advisor for complex and high-level financial activities, influencing decision making to achieve visions and priorities.
The Finance Manager would work collaboratively as part of major project teams, making a positive contribution to the development and implementation of projects and policies. Variations may be required from time to time without changing the general character of the duties shown above or the level of responsibility.
For more information, please do not hesitate to contact me via:
Telephone: 07827 920 316
Please put your home postcode on your CV when applying. Our recruitment tech uses this to make sure your CV is reviewed by the relevant consultant, for the relevant job(s), in the relevant geography.
Macildowie are a recruitment business working on behalf of a client to recruit this role. Your personal data may be forwarded to that client company as part of the application process.
If you would like information on how we will process your data please go to our website (macildowie.com) and view our fair processing notices which are located at the bottom of the page under privacy policies. Within the fair processing notice for Candidates there is guidance on how to amend your contact preferences or exercise your rights relating to personal data. We can't provide direct links as email address and website urls within our job adverts are removed by some of the websites on which we advertise.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the region's premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at macildowie.com.
- Finance Manager
- Public Sector